How do you make a curve?

.... turning is also about trusting the system. The 'system' being keeping your head straight and on the road/corner ahead and NOT looking down at the bike. Looking down at the bike will F you up and cause you major problems... especially on a heavy sportbike like a busa. So keep your eyes on the road and push on the bar to get the lean going and then use your body if the corner is very sharp. As others said, dragging a knee does nothing except let the rider/bike know/feel the road better. Dragging a knee doesn't make the bike corner any better.

And, yes, all the talk is cheap.... in time you'll know how much body lean you need. The main thing is to just keep looking ahead and not down at the bike... that's how you keep your balance and control while riding fast or slow or even at a stop.

super.gif

jinkster, what im saying is that if u have the bike at max lean angle, the contact patch WILL be smaller than if it were not at max angle. i got my information from "Twist of the Wrist 2" which many members of this board have read. im not gonna argue with ya over ur statement as i simply havent sat down and done research of what tire manufacturers are doing. bottom line is i am taking what i have ready from a very good source and trying to explain it to this fella.
beerchug.gif

(ozzy04 @ Apr. 14 2007,06:36) jinkster, what im saying is that if u have the bike at max lean angle, the contact patch WILL be smaller than if it were not at max angle.  i got my information from "Twist of the Wrist 2" which many members of this board have read.  im not gonna argue with ya over ur statement as i simply havent sat down and done research of what tire manufacturers are doing.  bottom line is i am taking what i have ready from a very good source and trying to explain it to this fella.  
beerchug.gif
oh true on that brutha...there is a limit...and if you're running your tires contact patch clean off the profile edge?..then that "limit" has definantly been reached.
laugh.gif

and dangerously close to being "surpassed"
wow.gif

Simple answer, GO TO A TRACK DAY with instructors ! No matter what it cost (and generally it's not much) , you'll learn ALOT more than what we can give you on here  
beerchug.gif

Back