HOW DO I ????

Now, when I set out to do the fan switch, I had been having a conversation about current, switches, wiring and relays. My original intention was to break the ground on the fan harness, but while talking with omslaw I decided to do it the way that he did, by tapping into the temp switch on the radiator to take advantage of the switch and relay there.

temp switch:

temp_switch__Medium_.JPG

Removed the sleeve, boot and connector shell:

temp_switch_shell_and_shielding__Medium_.JPG

Disconnected the fan and separated the switch wires:

temp_switch_wires_out_of_the_shell__Medium_.JPG

Not saying that this is the best way, just the way that I did it... this way, the fan will only turn on when the ignition is on.

your way seems the best MC

u just take the fan wire and splice it with the temp sensor wires? so the fans wire now comes the temp sensore wire and now the factory harness for the fan is left disconnected

your way seems the best MC  

u just take the fan wire and splice it with the temp sensor wires? so the fans wire now comes the temp sensore wire and now the factory harness for the fan is left disconnected
Did you read his first post?
snip from MC MUSTANG for those who don't read| Posted on Mar. 02 2008 @ 2:12 PM said:
I decided to do it the way that he did, by tapping into the temp switch on the radiator to take advantage of the switch and relay there.

so from the temp sensor switch tap intoi that and have to wres go into the fan?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

i like to be sure before i start cutting into my wires on my 20k bike or send it out to some backyard mechanic

rock.gif

Back