how do i adjust front headlight?

scooterlord

Registered
hmm, as i noticed the service manual doesn't say how to adjust the headlight, so if anyone of you knows about it i'd be glad to know as well
smile.gif

Under the guages (don't take anything apart) on the right side, tucked up under the fairing there are two adjuster knobs. Top & bottom.

Good luck!
cool.gif

I just did mine last week. I couldn't get my hands and arms in to the space so I had to take the plastic piece just below the light off. This is very easy to do. I think it is 2 or 3 push pins on each side. With that off you have 2 adjustments for each light. The adjuster on the right is the vertical and the one on the left is the horizontal. I believe clockwise is "up". There is a picture on page 86 of the owners manual.
I hope this helps.

Your manual DOES show how to adjust the headlight. The description and pics are vague but it's there.

Under the fairing above the forks is a black curved filler panel. There are multiple plastic fasteners holding it in.
Get a very small screwdriver and push the center pin of those fasteners in. Once the pin is back you'll be able to easily remove the fastener.

Once all those are out remove that curved panel. You'll need to snake your arm up in there and feel around for the adjusters. The standard beam is up and to the right, it's somewhat of a pita. The high beam is lower and easier to find.
Look in your manual as it shows the general location.

When reassembling, push those center pins back the opposite way so they are sticking outward. Put the fasteners back in and then push the center pins back so they are flush.

How bad out of adjustment are your lights? Mine were really screwed up, on the way home from the dealer it got dark and both the low and high beams were pointed straight down and worthless.
Of course on the inspection sheet, the tech checked off that the headlights were functional and aimed properly. And then they expected $200 for a 600 mile inspection...yeah right!

if you wanna move your low beam up & down, remove the black inner panels and pull out the gauges now on the right side directly in front of you is the up down bolt for the low beam i think 8mm socket will do the trick turn on bike and position app 25 feet from side of house or wall or similar and go to town not too high though the cagers get pissed
tounge.gif

There's no need to remove the gauges, it's all accessible by simply removing one panel from under the headlight.

Back