How do i remove foot hardware?

Darkeyce

Registered
Guys (& gals)  I'm sitting here reading this tech manual and cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the gear side foot hardware to paint it...I fear i will have the same problem on the brake side...can someone point me to a page number or something in this stupid book? Or a "step-by" for the slow people like me?

what kind of problem are you having??

I looked at mine, and it looked pretty straight-forward, but I did not try to take them off.

I'm trying to remove the shifter assembly...I can unbolt it fromt he frame with no problem...but i can't seem to see how to remove the ball joints to remove the who thing from the bike. I must be really "special," i just don't see how to take it apart

I'm trying to picture it Darkeyce, but it's still not quite clear to me. I'll take a look at mine once I get home and let you know what I come up with.

Brian

I don't know how else to describe it...the piece that connects the shift lever to the engine is connected on both ends by little ball joiunt things...how do you disconnect those?

I don't know how else to describe it...the piece that connects the shift lever to the engine is connected on both ends by little ball joiunt things...how do you disconnect those?
You don't. I just went outside with a flashlight to see. When I did my ft sprocket, here is what you will need to do:

1) at the point where the shift linkage connects to the engine, there is a 10mm bolt that you loosen and remove, then the round part will slide off the shaft.

2) at the rear end of the linkage on the outermost part of the shaft is an "E" clip. You spread that clip, remove it, then that part of the linkage comes off the heel protector.

Hope that helps. If not, I will post pics for you tomorrow. Keep me posted.
beerchug.gif

2) at the rear end of the linkage on the outermost part of the shaft is an "E" clip. You spread that clip, remove it, then that part of the linkage comes off the heel protector.[/QUOTE]
Just get ready to catch the little clip when it comes flying off or you will find out why they are Jesus clips.
JESUS, where did that thing go.
laugh.gif

Thanks Cache...I'll look at it in the morning...

jwcfbd...apparently my Busa has a whole bunch of Jesus parts....
crazy.gif

I started thinking those rivets were disposable...I never got to use one twice...You walk in my garage and you hear plastic crunching underfoot...Nowhere near the motorcycle mind you...

"Darkeyce" If your taking the rear sets off to paint them, I would not worry about removing the linkage rod.  Just tape it up and start painting.  My .02 cents...
eyes.gif

Haven't painted them yet...Working inthe garage and it's a bit cold here...I have a clearcoat that i plan to use over the paint.. Hopefully that will help

So i painted on...only one coat...haven't clearcoated it yet...I think it looks ok...

I've covered the holes in tape...that's what you see on the right.

Resized_hardware_green.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back