Foot steps problems

Arak-Hayabusa3rd

Registered
Hi. Just find out a new bad design in the 2021 hayabusa. 2 kids who were too stupid trying to sit on my bike and fall on the left side. When they pick him up, it was too heavey for them and it falls again on the right side. Both foot steps break at the same spot. My friend had the same bike and had the same thing. He broke the foot step after falling in the garage. It seems SUZUKI make a mistake with the "foot sensors" and the angle of them makes them break the top of the foot step after falling without movement. Did anyone had the same ?

20220426_075227.jpg

20220426_075222.jpg

20220425_220700.jpg

20220425_220442.jpg

Hi. Just find out a new bad design in the 2021 hayabusa. 2 kids who were too stupid trying to sit on my bike and fall on the left side. When they pick him up, it was too heavey for them and it falls again on the right side. Both foot steps break at the same spot. My friend had the same bike and had the same thing. He broke the foot step after falling in the garage. It seems SUZUKI make a mistake with the "foot sensors" and the angle of them makes them break the top of the foot step after falling without movement. Did anyone had the same ?

View attachment 1650771

View attachment 1650772

View attachment 1650773

View attachment 1650774
Maybe Suzuki designed it to be the weakest link instead of of something else breaking in the footpeg assembly.

Personally speaking... having kids around that climb on 500 lb motorcycles is probably a bigger hazard.

Last edited:
On a more interesting and curious note… did the “kids” get injured or maimed for their foolishness?
I had a similar thing happen 25 years ago, my girlfriend’s son (9year old) climbed up on my GPZ400 Kawasaki (parked on the side stand in the back yard while we were in the house) and it fell on its side… the boy’s foot was crushed and had bruising and was sore for weeks, he was lucky he jumped as it was going down! Could’ve been a lot worse.

my girlfriend’s son (9year old) climbed up Speed Test on my GPZ400 Kawasaki (parked on the side stand in the back yard while we were in the house) and it fell on its side…

they are designed to be the point of failure. cheap easy repair.

To me the jiffy stand on a HD is superior to other kick stands. Going from HD all my adult life I got spoiled with their stands. I almost dropped my Gen 2 a few times until I learned to make sure it’s in gear when you get off.

Back