How did I miss this ???

I am sure it had nothing to do with the enforcement. Please. Tailofthedragon has a personal issue with THP. With some justification to be sure but still. He would blame them for the drought. Fact is the dragon has become more and more popular each year. We all know this. The problem is that as it becomes more and more popular, more and more people that dont have the skills to ride a road like that show up because they want to have the bragging rights that they road the dragon. Then you end up with people who try to keep up with the bike in front of them cause of course they cant be better and bam. off into the ditch you go! People start letting ego rule instead of common sense. I love the dragon and when I ride it I can get from one end to the other in about 12minutes. I love draggin knee and its the most fun I have ever had. But I get passed up all the time and I just let them go. I ride my own ride. Period. As for law enforcement. It has been way over done. That said however. They need to be up there to take care of those who are getting stupid. We have all seen those people. Like any government agency though, its either to little or too much. Hardly ever get it right with just enough. My last trip was in Aug. during the week. They were there but only 2 at a time and only for a cpl hours at a time and they were even handed. Thats the way to do it!:beerchug:

:rofl: Big deal I see over 20 troopers doing speed traps an any given hot spot on our local highway. They go where the action is it's not an shouldn't be a surprise or shock to anyone...:rofl:

The difference is the only local industy is tourism. They make their living from promoting an 11 mile section of highway, which until 2 years ago was unpatrolled. There are still 100s of miles of great roads in the area, but the draw is the dragon. Take away the draw, and you lose the tourists.

Back