How Black is Black?

stonedpirate

Registered
Hello,

This might sound like a strange question but my goal is to have a nice all black busa.

The 2011 black is pearl nebular and the 2012 black is glass sparkle.

I cant tell a difference between the 2 from photos.

Anyone know what the dif is?

I can only see a 2011 in person as the 12s arent out yet but need to make a decision to lock in a good deal next week on the 2011.

Is one shinier than the other? One more matte or glossy etc?

Thanks to anyone who knows their paint :)

:welcome: to the oRg. Suzuki is tricky, they like to throw in all kinds of metallic, one for the nose, one for the tank, and one for the tail. The '07 blk almost looked dark burgundy when the sun hit it right. The decals between the 11 and 12 are definitely different. Maybe someone will be along with a better answer.

Thanks guys.

Not sure what that colorite thing is supposed to do.

You cant exactly compare black with black on a computer screen.

Did any earlier busas use glass sparkle black?

Did any earlier busas use glass sparkle black?

Hi, the 2011 Nebular Black is very shiny and when the Sun is on it at certain angle its got blue sparkles in it. (not picked up on photograph)

Best regards Stretch

Busa 022.jpg

He's giving you options and paint codes so you can have a staring point & know what you're looking for.

Thanks.

Yeah, i know the names of the paint and the codes from the busa brochures.

Short of going to a store and buying sample paint and painting something, not much use.

I am after the least shiny of the two.

The black used on the fairings of Busa is the same black from 2004-2011 is the same black (regardless of solid colors or 2 tones). 1999-2003 were the same with the exception of the 2002 Special Edition. The 2002 SE was the only black ever offered without the pearl in it.

Sorry, but black is not black.

Shiny black is a completely different look to matte black and non gloss black.

Some black changes colour in the sun depending on tinting then you have metallics.

I am stripping all decals, logos and stickers so the paint is the look of the bike.

Im tryinr to get the all black look on the 1000. I just tell to autobody place I take it to to paint the pieces I take them black.

2.jpg

4.jpg

Back