Is this $242 rumble undertail worth the money?

umairhashmi

Registered
First i just wanted a fender eliminator kit but then realized its better to get an undertail.I like this ones looks compared to the others.Is it worth the money? Also i think Pearl Nebular Black is the color that would match my 06 black/grey.Any advice?
www.1tail.com - Link no longer works

Looks damn cool
cool.gif

It comes with a nice bright license plate light as well.So i think at night that way it also wouldnt keep cops from harassing you about how your plate isnt visible enough like with most undertails without any plate illuminators.I plan on buying this online and then ill take it to my local mom n pop shop for installation since im a pretty mechanically dumb person and i dont wanna mess up cutting the fender etc.

<!--EDIT|umairhashmi
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156540402 -->

Personally I like it ,others don't. It's not DOT but from what I've heard few are. If you like it buy it. You can get a deal on one via Ebay.

Personally I like it ,others don't. It's not DOT but from what I've heard few are. If you like it buy it. You can get a deal on one via Ebay.
What about this one?
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-2006-GSXR-1300-HAYABUSA-UNDERTAIL-LED-GRAY_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35580QQihZ003QQ
itemZ130018175965QQrdZ1" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....5QQrdZ1</a>
Seems a little too cheap though.Would it also have a license plate bracket???

I bought mine on Ebay about 4 months ago for $ 220.00 and shipping was like $ 18.00
Heres mine. I really like it, some others dont. Everyone to there own opinion.

Toms_Family_2006_095__Custom_.JPG

not my style each to thier own...i like the top gun and the mototech...but didnt want to throw more for what little diffrences in looks there were

I like it and I am sure one of the site vendors can do better on that price. I like the undertail.

I like it and I am sure one of the site vendors can do better on that price. I like the undertail.
Well with shipping the price there is around $242.If someone can offer it for less here ill take it
Do the installation yourself. It's very easy to do and not worth spending $100 for a dealer or somebody else to do it.

All undertails do pretty much the same thing - clean up the rear. So it's all a matter of opinion based on which tail light system you like... and how much money you want to spend. I'm happy with my Hotbodies tail and got it for $190 including shipping.

PB073686back.jpg

Installed myself and installation was pretty easy, about two hours. Search for undertail installations. Dont know how to link some of the posts, but they are very helpful. There are a couple that are very detailed. Hope this helps, Im sure someone here knows how to link to some of these posts.

Okay just bought it online.Lets see when it gets here.If its easy to do ill do it myself.If not ill pay someone i suppose.The whole cutting the fender part seems a bit scary to me.And i dont have the equipment to do it either.Will a saw work?

I used a dremel to cut the fender when I did my install. Just follow the instructions and you shouldn't have much of a problem. Just make sure to take your time and ask questions if you need to.

Josh

(tjdobb @ Aug. 25 2006,19:21) I bought mine on Ebay about 4 months ago for $ 220.00 and shipping was like $ 18.00
Heres mine. I really like it, some others dont. Everyone to there own opinion.
Can you post pic's with the LED Tail lights one?

Thanks

Back