How big is the oil spill? See for yourself.

This "spill" is the largest accident in the history of the world. I don't think downplaying it by calling it a "spill" is really appropriate :banghead: The global impact of this situation can't even be measured. I don't care who's fault it is, why it happened, who fixes it, or how to fix it. Just fix it and tell me what's been done to prevent it from ever happening again.

How inept are we that we cannot stop this thing? Cork it with a sub, pump oxygen down there & burn it, blow it, up, whatever it takes, get er dun. I guess nobody wants to take charge.

It's just amazing at their response to this oil spill. How hard should it be to fix this. It should not be that hard with all the technology that we have.

Ok not to twist the topic, But just a few yaers ago , Fuel was $1.00 a gallon ( for gas) . Their excuse was , shortage !!! How can we have a shortage when just one well is pumping 500,000 barrels a day ?? With the way we're being bent on fuel prices and the profits they are making , Something serious needs to happen to the fuel prices and the company doing the clean-up..

Are you all forgetting the original reason why it exploded?

The fact that BP executives ignored warnings from safety experts and advisors?

The fact that the order was given to maintain production rate when advised to reduce extraction rate for safety and to troubleshoot the pressure issues?

The fact that they are hesitating to block the well "permanently" because their other drill site into the same oil deposit is not finished yet?

The fact that there are multiple class action lawsuits by BP shareholders alleging the company placed profits ahead of safety?

Does anyone really believe that we don't have the technology to dive 500ft, or the explosives technology to make a giant plug, or the technology to figure all this stuff out?

Pay billions, right now, and get the best minds in the world dealing with this. Take massive action.

Last edited:
It is sad, but what is worse is the reason for it happening in the first place. All of these CEO's and COO's want to make money without spending money. You cannot cut corners when it comes to human lives, the enviornment. Take the extra time, and the extra money, double check everything, and if someone is telling you the sh*t don't work, then fix it before it goes ballistic! BP is in the limelight now, but how many other potential disasters are looming, just because of safety short cuts? :rulez:

I am amazed at the amount of "drilling experts" ....how many have actually stopped something like this before?

BP is not at fault....we are.

they are drilling in "OUR" country.....

with permits given to them by "OUR" government.....

we knew they had a horibble safety history, yet they were allowed to keep drilling.

we knew the emergency plan was not going to work...but they were allowed to keep drilling.

yeah, BP may have been greedy. However, the gov. workers that were supposed to protect us, and make sure that BP was following the law were grossly negligent, incompetant and just plain lazy....

But there is another disaster happening in the same area.
The americans have lost freedom of speach and freedom of the press.
A country that boasts the freedom of its country. Proving american freedom is only an illusion.
And that in a capitalist society even freedom is for sale.

- BP Blocking Media Access? New Orleans interview[/url]
- National Guardsmen Censor CNN Cameraman Trying To Film Oil Soaked Birds[/url]

If you want to learn the truth you'l have to get it from outside the usa media
- BANNED BP Gulf Oil Spill Disaster - 60 Minutes Australia - Part 1 of 2[/url] (just for starters)

Last edited by a moderator:
Revelation 8:8-9

"The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed."

Have no doubt, I am 100% sure that this verse is directly related to this "accident"

This oil spill is going to devaste the ENTIRE PLANET. Every single country of this world should all be trying to cap this plug. The fact that it's being given such little attention globally, is proof that this world is going to end very soon. We are killing the planet we need to live on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back