House Hunting...Criteria for choosing neighbors!

Mrs.Rubber2Burn

The Diet Coke of Evil!!!
Donating Member
Registered
I HAD to post this story as it really still makes me laugh. For those that do not know we are currently house hunting. The house that we have been renting is being sold and we have no choice but to move. We do not want to buy with hubby's company relocating next year to an unknown location somewhere in Austin. Traffic/Commuting can be awful here.

One of the houses that we looked at today, the neighbor had his Black Busa parked out front on the driveway. Hubby wanted to rent that house before really even looking inside because the neighbor owned a Busa! hee hee :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I was amused. The house itself is really nice, but the neighbor having the Busa all shiny and well taken care of, parked out front is just an "extra".

I HAD to post this story as it really still makes me laugh. For those that do not know we are currently house hunting. The house that we have been renting is being sold and we have no choice but to move. We do not want to buy with hubby's company relocating next year to an unknown location somewhere in Austin. Traffic/Commuting can be awful here.

One of the houses that we looked at today, the neighbor had his Black Busa parked out front on the driveway. Hubby wanted to rent that house before really even looking inside because the neighbor owned a Busa! hee hee :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I was amused. The house itself is really nice, but the neighbor having the Busa all shiny and well taken care of, parked out front is just an "extra".

If you would have been there just 30 min earlier you would have seen his 9 kids out there cleaning it for him while he and his ex wife were fighting in the house about how she is tired of him throwing late night parties with strippers on the front lawn while the younger kids were trying to sleep and older ones trying to cook meth in the back room.

Great ice breaker. Then you can ask questions about the neighborhood too. You know get the real scoop. But I am guessing if it is outside and in nice condition and all the houses and lawns look good, probably a good place. Good luck on the move. :thumbsup:

If you would have been there just 30 min earlier you would have seen his 9 kids out there cleaning it for him while he and his ex wife were fighting in the house about how she is tired of him throwing late night parties with strippers on the front lawn while the younger kids were trying to sleep and older ones trying to cook meth in the back room.

DUDE IF YOU ONLY KNEW!! You wouldn't believe the crap holes that we have looked at if I told you. We looked at one today that a very large extended Salvadorian Family had been renting. Mind you the rent is $1250 a month so we are not talking too terribly cheap. This place was TRASHED!! The contractor actually let us in to look, but they had one over $20k in damages and the damage was so significant that they had to patch the slab? It was filthy nasty and looked as if they were raising farm animals in there. :puke: :puke:

DUDE IF YOU ONLY KNEW!! You wouldn't believe the crap holes that we have looked at if I told you. We looked at one today that a very large extended Salvadorian Family had been renting. Mind you the rent is $1250 a month so we are not talking too terribly cheap. This place was TRASHED!! The contractor actually let us in to look, but they had one over $20k in damages and the damage was so significant that they had to patch the slab? It was filthy nasty and looked as if they were raising farm animals in there. :puke: :puke:

A couple weeks back we were looking at houses and there was one that was being rented at the time but was for sale, I assure you until the owner gets these people out they will not sell the house.

From the time you walked into the house until you walked out, you were walking through an obstacle course of cloths / toys and god knows what else.

A couple weeks back we were looking at houses and there was one that was being rented at the time but was for sale, I assure you until the owner gets these people out they will not sell the house.

From the time you walked into the house until you walked out, you were walking through an obstacle course of cloths / toys and god knows what else.

Sometimes that is the only way you can get "bad" renters out is to sell the place!!!

Hope you find something soon!!!!!

This house hunting is so frustrating it is becoming painful! You find a nice house and have to literally haul azz to get your application in before someone else. A feat we have not yet accomplished due to both having full time jobs and can only do paperwork during lunch hours or after work.
The market here in Austin is absolutely crazy! In some ways it if totally flip side of other housing markets.

sorry about the slab, we were havin our anual Jack-hammer rodeo, figured the security deposit would cover it:rofl:

sorry about the slab, we were havin our anual Jack-hammer rodeo, figured the security deposit would cover it:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I REALLY wish that I would have taken pics of this place! I was just too embarrassed for the people to see me taking the pics for amusement. It was literally tore up from the floor up! Even he lighting fixtures had been stolen. Dirty clothing and dishes strewn about, along with just filth and trash. It was NASTY!

Hey!! there is a house in my cul-de-sac for rent. you should have stopped in and said hi!! could that be my busa???

Hey!! there is a house in my cul-de-sac for rent. you should have stopped in and said hi!! could that be my busa???

Which neighborhood/area do you live in? We are definately getting to the desperation point with this crazy market.

parmer lane and mcneil area, subdivison called" Milwood".Close to 183,620,
MO-pac and the new toll road Sh45...not far from p-ville...its a nice little area.

parmer lane and mcneil area, subdivison called" Milwood".Close to 183,620,
MO-pac and the new toll road Sh45...not far from p-ville...its a nice little area.

If you know the address or even the street name that would be awesome! Although we live in P-ville we both work off Mopac and the Cap of TX Hwy area. Sounds like this is something I want to check out. We have become absolute VULTURES in this house hunting game.

The house with the Busa owning neighor was actually in Hutto. "Enclave at Bushy Creek" neighborhood.

Alright guy like I told the Wife I think it was a sign from the Busa Gods telling us to rent the house. Not to mention he is a track junkie so that was even one more point in favor :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I do not want to jinx it, but we looked at a house this evening that we really like. Here's hoping we get our papers in before someone else!! :beerchug:

Back