Hotels in or near NYC

topper

Registered
Me and some buddies are going to fly up there and wont have much for transportation but trains etc, wondering if you guys could recommend some hotels in that area

fly to Ind.
cool.gif

for the best recommendations, we would need price range and kinda whatcha wanna do. Anything in the city is going to have rail/subway service within a few blocks walk. what airport are you flying into? Makes a little difference, JFK has a train system that connects to the LIRR which runs into penn station, from there you can go literally anywhere on the rail/subway.

LGA, well its closest to the city but you are cabbin/bussin it to the city, no rail service there.

Newark, eh, its doable, again depends on where you are trying to get to/do in the city.

Other area airports are doable but you dont wanna rent a car and most of the rest are WAY too $$ to get into the city.

Let us all know whatcha looking for and stuff and I'm sure some good recommendations can be tossed out there
beerchug.gif

Heres a few things for research
link to the JFK subway/Airtrain site

NYC Subway map

the subway map shows you pretty much everything, as you can see JFK has connections and LGA doesnt. I dont recall the rate from LGA to the city in a cab, however its the most popular airport for the folks living in the city or those that commute into the city from an airport. Probably $50-60 to say penn station, just for reference.

Well i found round trip tickets from tampa to newark for 120 bucks a peice. I remember when i stayed in burlington new jersey a couple years ago, we basically hopped on the main train that took us past newark and dropped us right in penn station. We just have to find a hotel near that train station lol.

When I was traveling to NYC on business on a monthly basis, I would stay at the Courtyard at the Newark airport and take the Train in/out daily. I think it was a $7.00 roundtrip charge back then and took you to Madison Square Garden. Hotels in Jersey are less than half the cost of NYC.

Back