Hotbodies modified for stock taillight?

BUSANAS

Registered
Just looking to see if anyone has done this mod and also trimmed the license plate light box off to better fit with the undertail, I like my taillight much more than the tiny round lights.

BUSANAS 003.jpg

Once the stock undertail is gone, the square piece on the lens is just a reflector you can cut off with a dremmil.
ETA: my '01 was setup like this by me (with an OPP carbon undertail) because the 1st owner butchered mine and I like the cyclops eye of the stock lens.

Last edited:
I started with that, Then decided to go all the way and got a Yana Shiki from Pashnit

I have cut the stock undertail completely off and mounted the plate to the left passenger peg, it just dosnt look finished and seems to do the bike injustice overall. I was thinking of trying an ebay undertail to cut since they can be had for around $100 painted... dont know dont know

I have cut the stock undertail completely off and mounted the plate to the left passenger peg, it just dosnt look finished and seems to do the bike injustice overall. I was thinking of trying an ebay undertail to cut since they can be had for around $100 painted... dont know dont know

Pics?!

Tiger isnt for me, I like some room in there.

***I couldn't get the pic to post it's the Blue one ^, right there.***^

Don't mean to wake up an old thread, but is that a Tiger Racing Inner Fender? I thought about a Hot Bodies undertail, but my wife doesn't like the look of it. I showed her this pic and we both agree that it's a nice look.
Also what is everybody doin for signals on a setup like this?

thanks in advance jt

Last edited:
I trimmed the stock fender off completely, cut the square bottom bit off the tail light and using a Rizoma universal plate mount (and Rizoma signals) attached the plate where the bottom of the light used to be.

2361016870102950911S600x600Q85.jpg

2865764710102950911S600x600Q85.jpg

2308261000102950911S600x600Q85.jpg

2778441010102950911S600x600Q85.jpg

works for me.
:laugh:

cheers
ken

Back