Hot bike doesn't start

Had that issue today, sat in traffic for about 10 minutes, stopped for gas and it didn't want to crank. motor cycled very slow barely turning over , hit the starter button again and it started. This is the exact same issue as my gen 1, thought suzuki would have resolved this issue by now. jump starting works or let it sit for about 15 minutes or so and it will start normally. think the issue is the fans draining the battery, I've only had this starting issue after the radiator fans kick in and have run for a while.

Had that issue today, sat in traffic for about 10 minutes, stopped for gas and it didn't want to crank. motor cycled very slow barely turning over , hit the starter button again and it started. This is the exact same issue as my gen 1, thought suzuki would have resolved this issue by now. jump starting works or let it sit for about 15 minutes or so and it will start normally. think the issue is the fans draining the battery, I've only had this starting issue after the radiator fans kick in and have run for a while.
i would go for the software update

Strange how it seems to be a hit and miss problem.
I've yet to ride a gen3, but my gen2, the dozen or so of them I rode, the gen1 and several of those I rode, I never experienced that.
I never even heard of it on the gen1 or gen2 until those comments came into the gen3 thread.
It'll be interesting to hear if the software update fixes the bikes with that problem, or if they have already had it done.

I've yet to ride a gen3, but my gen2, the dozen or so of them I rode, the gen1 and several of those I rode, I never experienced that.
I never even heard of it on the gen1 or gen2 until those comments came into the gen3 thread.
It'll be interesting to hear if the software update fixes the bikes with that problem, or if they have already had it done.
I had it happen with my gen 2 a couple of times....I had to bump start it once (which wasn't very fun).

Got it home and checked the battery and charging system and everything was good...

Never had even one issue with it until a couple months later when I went to get fuel after a ride and hit the button and it acted like the battery was dead....I waited a minute or so and it started right up....again I checked the electrical system when I got home and all was good...

An unnerving experience for sure....

I recall hearing or reading about the Gen1 at some point, but I've had each generation and none ever had an issue.

Curious, are maybe hot non-start issues pre-order bikes? Mine was purchased in October so maybe it got the update before it left the dealership?

Me twice, so far:
The first time after was after backroads to the freeway and a couple of City miles. It was not very hot outside.
Today is only 106 outside, ran a few errands, stopped the bike while the fan was on. 10 minutes later, I had the hiccups.

I thought hard starting happened with people standing there waiting to hear the bike start?

It states in the owners manual when this happen to open up the throttle as you crank, worked for me. Had this happen twice. The engine has alot of compression.
I think this is close. When I have this kind of problem on my tractor it's a fuel rail pressure sensor that's tripping. Time passes fuel rail pressure drops and I can start her again. Opening the throttle when starting might be one way of bypassing this pressure issue

On my 2009 Gen 2, I've had it cranking slowly to start after stopping for fuel. But never enough not to start the bike.

It states in the owners manual when this happen to open up the throttle as you crank, worked for me. Had this happen twice. The engine has alot of compression.

I think this is close. When I have this kind of problem on my tractor it's a fuel rail pressure sensor that's tripping. Time passes fuel rail pressure drops and I can start her again. Opening the throttle when starting might be one way of bypassing this pressure issue

Cool, I was wondering what this could possibly do to assist the start.

Cracking the throttle slightly as the manual states does not open the valves so there is no compression release!

It happened to me today. I thought of what I read here, switched the bike off with the key, then on again, and it started right up. Frustrating.

Finally had this issue today. 99-degrees outside, heading to work and stopped for fuel about 25 minutes in. Bike did the on/off crank like it didn’t have power. Cycled the key and it still did it. Rolled the bike forward about two feet and it fired right up. I’m going to swap to a more powerful battery and see if it improves or gets rid of the issue at all.

The manual states to open the throttle as you crank when it does don't. Work like a charm for me. Some bikes have decompression valves but our dont. The reason it does it is because the the warmer a battery get the less current it put out making is harder to turn a warm engine. Opening the throttle relieves this compression

The manual states to open the throttle as you crank when it does don't. Work like a charm for me. Some bikes have decompression valves but our dont. The reason it does it is because the the warmer a battery get the less current it put out making is harder to turn a warm engine. Opening the throttle relieves this compression
I tried that today and it made little to no affect with the issue. It’s still something electrical or in the computer causing the problem.

My Gen 2 did this today again, it took 3 go's to get it started as it felt like the battery was low.
At the next stop i remembered to open the throttle a little bit and the bike started first time. Will remember to do this every time from now on.

Back