Hoover Dam

mr8ball

Registered
I was checking to see if they had finnished the bridge over the Hoover Dam. I was in Vegas last Nov. and then in Feb and they were almost done. Does anyone have any pic's. Its an awesome site. Thanks in advance

Sorry no pics,but supposedly they are opening it up on Oct 16th so people can walk across it and then to vehicles sometime in Nov .

Sorry no pics,but supposedly they are opening it up on Oct 16th so people can walk across it and then to vehicles sometime in Nov .

Man that would be great to be able to go and walk across that. That is an amazing feat that they have done there. Just another great American achievement. Just like the Hoover Dam it's a site to see! I might have to try to go out for it. Thanks for the info

I have some pics somehere.

I went in July and it was CRAZY HOT... like 117... and the traffic was insane. There are security checkpoints on each side and traffic backs up for a VERY long way. I split lanes to the check point... and all the way across the dam... no way I was waiting through that nightmare... The police were busy w/ a accident on the NV side..even they probably felt bad for me...

That bridge is much needed because the dam is closed to commerical traffic after 9-11. I won't go back anytime soon, but driving across the dam wasn't near as nostalgic as I though it would be...

well we get that sometimes JJ where something doesn't live up to all we expect or hope. Plus I'm sure all the security and then some would take a bit of umph out of the punch, but that part of the Country has got to have some amazing places to see either way.
I may try to go in the fall sometime, maybe next year we'll see

I was in Vegas last sept and than in march.. I think we went in Sept... We took a walking tour and we stopped at the hoover dam on our way to the grand canyon.. :thumbsup:

I was just informed that it Nov....

Last edited:
From the link: "Officials say the bridge contains some 16 million pounds of steel, 30 cubic yards of concrete and 2 million feet of cable — enough to stretch well past Phoenix from Las Vegas."

Must be a typo - I think it has more than 30 cubic yards of concrete :laugh:

Tons more. It has got to have tons more...
:whistle:

definately worth the trip.....the dam itself is amazing, but with the bridge there too. I will be going back, in the fall.

Back