***Hoons***

I think if you find it offensive move on to another thread and unwad ur panties it was done in a jokeing manner people just need to get over themselves just my opion
Posted via Mobile Device

I went out for a HOON today.........and it wasn't on my Vespa.
When they outlaw these things, the word HOON will disappear.
Sad day that one, eh?

Well BA, all your talk about the sad state of hoon affairs has only shed more light upon hoonville. The hoons have enjoyed the attention brought about by the potential banning of hoonery. Only, said banning has made "hoon" a popular vernacular, and as such, hooning is more popular than ever. :rofl: This is fun.:poke:

Well BA, all your talk about the sad state of hoon affairs has only shed more light upon hoonville. The hoons have enjoyed the attention brought about by the potential banning of hoonery. Only, said banning has made "hoon" a popular vernacular, and as such, hooning is more popular than ever. :rofl: This is fun.:poke:

Banning of ****ery ???

YOU are the one that should be worried about being banned :(

I finally got around to reading this thread... I had to look it up and the google search I did came up with some even worse definitions including other 4 letter words ... :o

Urban Dictionary: Hoon

It's offensive the same way "squid" is offensive.

:laugh:

--Wag--

I finally got around to reading this thread... I had to look it up and the google search I did came up with some even worse definitions including other 4 letter words ... :o

Urban Dictionary: Hoon

WOW!!!

Who would have thought that there were so many nasty and vile uses for
a four letter word...it is associated with the "C" word and has ties to Homosexuality.

Nasty little sucker it is. Just saying...

Look a little more mainstream.

Hoon encyclopedia topics | Reference.com

Not many use Hoon with sexual connotations in mind, but go there if it amuses you.
I have outlined what the word means to me, and anyone can put any connotation to anything.
ie: Look up A$$ HOLE in the urban dictionary.
The first defn is “a grave in which to place donkey”, and several others that are not suitable for when I use that word.
But again whatever suits you.

Hey, I have been called worse, than Hoon or the other one. :laugh:

Last edited:
I was going to post up a lot of crap about this, but the bottom line is that it has whatever meaning and power you ascribe to it. It means what you want it to mean and context plays an important part of that intent.

If you call someone a hoon and you mean the C word, then that's what's going to come across. If someone calls you a hoon and means squid, that's what you're going to hear, most likely. Unless you make it into something that isn't really intended.

Also, using a word from a different culture or language generally doesn't get as offensive as it was originally intended. Maerde, bugger, bollocks and hoon all come from different cultures and you can take them how you like, but you aren't going to necessarily "get" what they mean to a native.

Proceed with caution!

--Wag--

OK, lets just say, I am 53 years old. And I do a do a 1st gear 11 o'clock wheelie down my street in front of my 60 year old neighbors ( they call me the kid ) while they are kicking back in thier front yard. I had all of them yelling at me.... Does that make me the oldest Hoon on record or am I a old man Hooning around? :laugh:

Back