Homemade Saddle bags

Rhythm

http://www.youtube.com/us
Donating Member
Registered
I couldn't bring myself to spending hundreds of dollars on some of the nice hard bags setup I've seen here.
For yrs my Nelson's soft side bags did fine. My three negative complaints on soft side are, the hassle of dealing with the strap for securing it to the bike. The exterior material will retain water when riding in the rain and will leak (during heavy rainfall) water inside if you don't use the rain covers.

My three piece homemade hard bag setup cost less the $200 total. The bag mounts are locked to the bike when the rear speed hump is mounted. How does this work you ask. Well, each side bag mount has a support arm that connects to the rear grab rail and is secured using a stainless steel thumbscrew. The other exterior mounting arms are secured with stainless steel to the underside (reinforced fabricated mount), and with two 2 inch black plastic thumb screws that screw into a special connector I made that screws into the Busa OEM bungee cord tie down mount.

I bent some steel, drilled and tap some holes in the support arms and here I am. So :easy: an innovative caveman can do it. :laugh:

DSC02951.JPG

url]

DSC02950.JPG

DSC02949.JPG

url]

DSC02952.JPG

So here are few additional pics showing the three steel mounting support arms I bent for the hard bags. The bag mount can easily be installed and locked to the bike via the speed hump and a quick turn on the thumb screws. T

The bags them self have there own separate key and lock.
Next step will painting or powder coating the arms.

Almost forgot, the top bag is bolted to an existing seat pan I had lying around. Just remove the vinyl, foam pad and drill some hole in the plastic to bolt the bag mount. Seat pan can be purchased from ebay for a steal.

DSC02959.JPG

DSC02957.JPG

DSC02964.JPG

Last edited:
Those are pretty cool. Looks like they will hold alot of stuff.:thumbsup:

Back