Home Fire system problems Need Help

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Does anyone here install or service fire alarm systems? I have a great system and recently there was a lightning strike very very close to our house... Lightning never hit the house but as soon as the thunder boomed the fire alarm went off. I have tried to reset the heat and smoke sensors but I can't get the system to reset completetly. I heard a rumor that lightning has an aura around it called OZONE and that that Ozone will basically clear a sensor where it can no longer be used......

Anyone hear of that before? I dont want to have to call an alarm tech out if I dont have to. I installed this system and bought it new and custom designed from a friend that did systems for companies... He has since left that job and I need to get it fixed....

Anyone tell me anything?

CAp

I have not done them for years, but no they are mostly solid state pieces. You can NOT reset a heat detector. They are a one use item, doubt that is the problem. You could have fried te main board. What kind of system is it. I may be able to get you parts. I will PM you with my number. Give me a shout, and we will see what we can do to help you.
Kevin

Back