Holeshot advice (need help)

OB_speeddemon

Registered
Well i'm no professional drag racer, and theres always room for improvement, so what advice can everyone give me on holeshotting my busa without flipping it or fishtailing myself into oblivion. Any advice would be greatly welcomed (no wheelie bar quotes though...i already get enough attention from the police). :)

thanx in advance,
speed

What do you want to do, just get off the line fast? Drag racing or just leaving stop lights? It's a little different if you have to stage the bike.

Just Getting off the line fast dude. I'm alright after i Chug off the line. Pretty much got powershifting the busa through the gears down too. I have to admit the busa's gearbox is much more slick the my BLackbirds clunky box. Just getting off the line fast is what i need to do now. Any tips i can will help i'm sure.. :)

speed

here is the biggest tip. junk the stock clutch drive cam and get the brock mod. also get the stiffer springs and lose the spacers. whenever i would launc it would spin the tire enough to lose traction and f up et. or it would bog like hell. with the mod you can slip it all day long and fry the plates at the same time!haha. it is definately worth it if you want to do some serious take offs.i would recommend not sending your core so if something breaks you can take it out and put in the stock one and maybe fool em. their pricks about that stuff at the dealerships around here.

With a Stock clutch my 60' times are in the low 1.60s.I weigh 230lbs and launch the Busa at 4000 rpm.Rear tire pressure is 10lbs.If you rev the bike to 4000 rpm and slide the clutch it acts like a normal clutch.

[This message has been edited by Gixxer1300R (edited 09 June 2000).]

Back