HMF high mount exhaust system

Busa204

Registered
Has anyone put these on or has a friend that put them on? I'm thinking about getting them put havent heard much about them. Was just wondering the performance difference & the sound difference from the stock exhaust system.

i've got HMF dual high mounts on my Busa... well sit back and listen carefully.. kinda had a bad experience with them at first... the manufacturer.. )HMF) does/did not do a good Job makingthese pipes(dual highs) to fit this bike... the X-Collector is a lil difficult to fit on and the trick is to use a board and a fllo jack to get that X-collector as far up as you can.. then twist the rest of the pipes into place... and be careful of the fairings.. they will melt them... use heat tape (A LOT OF HEAT TAPE).. or wrap the pipes where they come close to the fairings and wing underneath... if you go single mount this is not as bad of a problem from what i've seen and heard... there are a few others here that have the HMF'S .. now performance... they sound good as it gets to me... more like a formula race car than a bike... i went from stock 156 hp to about 167 hp and got to about 100lbs of trq. the map to use (HMF advises) and it does work pretty good, is an akropovic map (pc3r of course) i've got a custom map now. and im pushin 172Hp'sand 103lbs of trq the high mounts look good....!!! so that's about all i can tell ya.. any more questions.. let me know... peace..

Black_Pearl_1.jpg

Yeah pretty much what he said there a pain to install but the look and the sound makes it worth it in my opinion if ya do a search on the board you can find out more info on them

Back