HMF FULL SYSTEM?

raymondshamoon

Registered
Anyone have the HMF dual exhaust. The full system? I was just tryint to get some of your advice on how well this system is? How good do they sound and how good is the performance? And does anyone have any videos/Pictures? Please share. Thank you : )

Anyone have the HMF dual exhaust. The full system? I was just tryint to get some of your advice on how well this system is? How good do they sound and how good is the performance? And does anyone have any videos/Pictures? Please share. Thank you : )
nice system....loud IMHO.

Duals are harder to install than singles

make sure the X pipe and mufflers are level before you tighten ANYthing that can not twist into place. Heat wrap is your friend with any of these types of pipes if you don't want melted plastics. I personally would heat wrap them from the second bend (where your oil cooler is) back to the X pipe and then from the x to a bit beyond the plastics.

I really like the system. It is a bit loud, but the performance and looks are very good.

Busa_on_stand.jpg

How good do they sound and how good is the performance? And does anyone have any videos/Pictures? Please share.
I didn't wrap mine . I had them HPC coated inside out .

The HMF duals with the "S" type collector they use makes for a sound similar to an older Offenhauser engine up top and thru the gears. Very unlike any 4-2-1 exhaust sound on a inline 4 you've probably heard . Stock engine or modified they make excellent power and come in low or hi-mount versions with choice of oval or round mufflers . Oval only for the low mounts .

I have a hybrid of something similar to a HMF front section but chose the
Flying Machine Factory mufflers and mid-pipes for semi hi-exit position instead of hi-mount . These mufflers use a unique square inner core and merge or transition back to round in a well enginnered way and the end cap unbolts for adding some extra silencing if wanted .

Kinda addicting from 5k on up but not too loud. I expect the HMF mufflers to sound similar. A chance to post a pic of my bike incase you get the urge to build a hybrid system .

My Wife named the bike Pearl

I have them, and love them. This is An Old picture, but just have not tken new ones in a while. Performance is great, and they have the best sound IMHO, louder than most, but wicked sound.

STEVEN_001a.jpg

i think its pipe master has some clips or try youtube im pretty sure they have a few pretty throaty in a good way i'de pull one up for you but i can't pull up youtube at work

I second every reply. Great power and sound. Take time to adjust the pipes...making evering equal side to side to a job.

post_6_34705_DSCN1007.jpg

How good do they sound and how good is the performance? And does anyone have any videos/Pictures? Please share.
I didn't wrap mine . I had them HPC coated inside out .

The HMF duals with the "S" type collector they use makes for a sound similar to an older Offenhauser engine up top and thru the gears. Very unlike any 4-2-1 exhaust sound on a inline 4 you've probably heard . Stock engine or modified they make excellent power and come in low or hi-mount versions with choice of oval or round mufflers . Oval only for the low mounts .

I have a hybrid of something similar to a HMF front section but chose the
Flying Machine Factory mufflers and mid-pipes for semi hi-exit position instead of hi-mount . These mufflers use a unique square inner core and merge or transition back to round in a well enginnered way and the end cap unbolts for adding some extra silencing if wanted .

Kinda addicting from 5k on up but not too loud. I expect the HMF mufflers to sound similar. A chance to post a pic of my bike incase you get the urge to build a hybrid system .

My Wife named the bike Pearl
Did you say "Offenhauser"?!?
wowold.gif

DAMN man, how long you been turning wrenches???
laugh.gif
Nobody's run an Offy since 60's Indy cars, have they?

Don probably will chime in here pretty soon, I was there when he installed his and even when it goes smoothly they are a BIOTCH to get lined up. They do also have a unique sound, gearing down from high RPMs sounds like ripping open a 50-foot zipper...

They sound awesome.. I love the deep rumble when you left off the throttle. They did kick up the power a bit, but I don't have numbers to show it.

They are a pain to put on with out them hitting the swing arm. Just takes patience and time. And if you get a good seal on the X pipes, they shouldn't be TOO loud.

Love mine.

b_and_b.jpg

Oh and I dropped the belly pan about 1/2 inch so it wouldn't get too hot and melt. I've seen it happen, the paint on the belly pan bubbled. I just used longer bolts and added a 1/2 nut as a spacer. Just a bit more breathing room.

Here is another pic..

flhdr41.jpg

wowold.gif

laugh.gif
Yes I did say Offenhauser and I was in diapers during their heyday and no , the surviving inline 4's are usually only brought out as a means for extra advertisement for certain sanctioned events .
I was at a race where i got to hear an Offy run and make laps for show during 4 consecutive days back in 1995 . Once you hear one , the sounds they make are not easily forgotten .

Suffice ?  
rock.gif

wowold.gif

laugh.gif
Yes I did say Offenhauser and I was in diapers during their heyday and no , the surviving inline 4's are usually only brought out as a means for extra advertisement for certain sanctioned events .
I was at a race where i got to hear an Offy run and make laps for show during 4 consecutive days back in 1995 . Once you hear one , the sounds they make are not easily forgotten .

Suffice ?
rock.gif
Very cool!!
thumb_up.gif

They were a major part of racing history, I would love to hear one in person...
smile.gif

I have the 4-2-1 big bird system. Great performance and wicked sound. No body wants to be behind me. But no 600/750/1000 hell or 14 gona be in front anyway

Back