Hiram, GA "Hooters"

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
To make an otherwise boring story as short as possible, I rode around Atlanta before meeting up with an old High School friend at the Hooters in Hiram, GA on 278. I pulled in and saw 2 Harleys... so I parked next to one of them. As it turned out the 2 guys were cool and were sitting outside on the patio (where I sat, too... because you can smoke out there). We talked a little about bikes and it was all cool because those guys just like to ride slow and they complimented the busa and I complimented their bikes, too. Later, a 2005 busa pulls into the lot (lowered, chromed, red/black). It was a nice bike for sure. I was gonna step up and say something to the rider but I was with my old friend I hadn't seen in years and didn't just want to go running over to another busa owner just to see if he was on this site. So sorry to that owner if you're a member here and you read this. I went over and looked at the red/black busa for a moment before I left the restaraunt and it was definitely handled with care.... a damn nice ride for sure.

Anyway.... that's all. Just wanted to share my little Sunday afternoon. Oh, and I probably did the biker wave at least 70 times today because there were so many bikes on the road. The weather was perfect bike weather even though the wind was a little high at about 13mph....

beerchug.gif

Sounds like a good time!

(DaCol. @ Apr. 30 2007,00:01) 13 mph winds
wow.gif
, that's something we only dream about out here
laugh.gif
I say 13 because that's what I saw online. It didn't matter though because the roads I rode today didn't really let me crack it open. But on 285 coming home I got a slight chance and took it.... up to about 155 in the left lane against the concrete median. I guess that was enough to satisfy me since I actually rode very 'sane' today...

I've tapered off my will to speed after getting cuffed back in early Oct!!!!

I was just kidding
tounge.gif
, because out here 13 mph is really low. If you don't ride with winds 15 mph to 25 mph out here, then you just don't ride. Now, when it gets to 30 and gusting to 40 I call it QUITS
laugh.gif

I'm just used to winds under 10 I guess. I know how to handle higher wind, though... just relax and let the bike weight handle it. But.... high winds DO suck when you really want to ride fast down a flat straight or on the freeway. Still, the busa can handle it all... even though I came across a crosswind that nearly pushed me into another lane out of nowhere!!!(something we've all experienced, though). I just hate high winds. I actually hate wearing gear, too... but that's a thought we all have IF we could be told by the magical biker god that we'd never crash!!!!!

Since that magical biker god is fake.... we wear gear to live in case we fall. But.... well. No buts about it. lol!!!

You went to Hooters, and you're not posting a pic?

I thought it was practically a law that if you go to Hooters on a bike, you HAVE to take a picture with a Hooters Girl sitting on your machine?

Guess not...

Back