HID Prolems

RUQWKNF27

Registered
So had these HIDs for say 2 months on bike. After a say 3 weeks hi beam started blowing fuse so I unplugged it. I never could find anything wrong with wiring so just put factory back in. Then about three weeks ago notice gauges were not working "blown fuse for gauges" everything has been fine since. Now today start bike and low beam fuse blown "ck wiring" replace fuse whammo again it blowed. Replaced with factory bulb now it fine.Kits are from DDM TUNING. Could a bad ballast or ignitor cause fuse to blow? Tried to get fire up HIDs to verify if they were good with battery but no luck.

Im no electrical guru, that said I would run your stock bulbs for a few weeks and see if any other fuses blow, if they do then somewhere one of your stock wires is shorting itself out, if not then something in the kit is defect and I would prob. contact DDM and ask them to swap the whole kit for another new kit :2cents:

put a relay in line.. run the hid's off the battery with the relay using the light circuit to turn them on... put an inline fuse in the line so you dont burn up some wires... the HID's pull way more current than stock lights.. so you are overloading the circuit that the old lights were on...

look at my 4th post on this topic ... click here ...i went the extra step so i know when the light is on ... and decided that im going to put a switch in and a led light (facing me) that is only on when the hid is off ... so i know if it is on or off during the day or starting without looking (also my led switchbacks throw alot of light)

DDM is JUNK!!! Ohhh wait they have a warranty email em and let me know how that works.
You get what you pay for with electronics.

Every thread like this makes me so happy that I had the good sense to not mess with the headlamps on my Gen II. I don't ride at night , but when I do what the factory gave me is plenty. Five years, no headaches .........

Back