Hey has anyone seen this jacket before

BlkDrgnZ28

Registered
Hey has anyone seen these jackets they look pretty cool and i don't really know if they work real good or not but the vest version looks pretty cool and it looks like its got some pretty sweet neck bracing that goes on too for neck injuries if anyone has used one of these or heard of anyreal world testing let me know !!

http://www.impactjackets.com/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone posted a news clip of a motorcyclist that was involved in a wreck wearing one and said it saved his life. Do a search,I'm sure you'll find it.

I see they have my main concern addressed, a "25-35lb pull" required to set it off if you forget to unhook.
whistling.gif

seems like a good idea..... I would jump off and forget to unhook, I am sure I would go thru a few C02 cartriges before I got use to it ;)

For some reason watching the video I kept getting the vision of Chris Farley on the airplane in Tommy Boy demonstrating how to use the life vest.... LOL

i think i would go through a quite a few cartridges before i remembered to do it every time i wonder how expensive the cartriges are because they look pretty big compared to the standard bb gun ones if they're really pricey i might go through a lot less

Cool. The cartriges look like standard (probably threaded) CO2 cartridges. The system is not unlike the PFD/ diving or aviation horse collars that is common in commercial/ military applications. I would consider purchasing the cool breeze vest if it came in blaze orange as its required for military riders (at least on USMC posts).

Abrason resistance in the textile versions could be an issue as a rider could slide a distance before hitting something.

There are many people on this forum that have an excessive amount of padding and need a deflation jacket! haha lol :rofl:

We have Impact as one of our sponsors for our club. I have had one of these jackets for about 2 years now, they are pretty reliable the cartridge is small and can be reused. Although I was always a bit concerned about the textile and how it would hold up, they do have a good product. I know someone who bought one based off my recommendations and when they went down there were thankfull they made the purchase...nuff said

seems like a good idea..... I would jump off and forget to unhook, I am sure I would go thru a few C02 cartriges before I got use to it ;)

For some reason watching the video I kept getting the vision of Chris Farley on the airplane in Tommy Boy demonstrating how to use the life vest.... LOL

+1:rofl:

Back