hey folks...your opinions on quads please

Get a Raptor, have one of each.

I can get an 07 for 3500.oo Just worried he wont be able to keep up in the really ruff stuff. I have to go into 4x4 and lock the front diffy to get up alot of trails around here. I dont think a 2 wheel drive will cut it. Thx though.

RSD.

I can get an 07 for 3500.oo Just worried he wont be able to keep up in the really ruff stuff. I have to go into 4x4 and lock the front diffy to get up alot of trails around here. I dont think a 2 wheel drive will cut it. Thx though.

RSD.

That only depends on your riding style. If you like to ride hard, a Raptor will go where ever a Grizzly will. If you just like to cruise, then yeah, 4x4 is your best bet on rough trails.

If you like to ride hard, a Raptor will go where ever a Grizzly will. .

I climb up stuff that sometimes has all 4 tires spinning,or there is not enuff suspension articulation to keep even 2 tires on the ground.You sure a Raptor is gonna make it up?

RSD.

Again, it's all riding style. If it's really rough, you're gonna hafta work it up there, and get a little run at it, or at least have some momentum.
The 4x4's are very heavy, and there weight helps them to climb things slower, because they have a little more traction from that weight. 4 wheel drive is a plus to anyone who likes to ease through the ruff stuff. Personally, I prefer 2wd, I just think they're more fun.
After over 20 years of extreme riding, mud, snow, mountains(haven't got to try sand dunes...yet) I've ridden just about every Japanese 4 wheeler out there. I've never not been able to go on a 2wd where a 4wd went. I would have to ride alot more agressive to make it up and through some things, but again, that's just how I like it.
A Raptor has great tourqe, speed, suspension, and comfort...with electric start and reverse. They are also very dependable. You can't go wrong for $3500 if it's in good shape. It's just all up to how you like to ride:beerchug:

Again, it's all riding style. If it's really rough, you're gonna hafta work it up there, and get a little run at it, or at least have some momentum.
The 4x4's are very heavy, and there weight helps them to climb things slower, because they have a little more traction from that weight. 4 wheel drive is a plus to anyone who likes to ease through the ruff stuff. Personally, I prefer 2wd, I just think they're more fun.
After over 20 years of extreme riding, mud, snow, mountains(haven't got to try sand dunes...yet) I've ridden just about every Japanese 4 wheeler out there. I've never not been able to go on a 2wd where a 4wd went. I would have to ride alot more agressive to make it up and through some things, but again, that's just how I like it.
A Raptor has great tourqe, speed, suspension, and comfort...with electric start and reverse. They are also very dependable. You can't go wrong for $3500 if it's in good shape. It's just all up to how you like to ride:beerchug:

Maybe I'll try one,can always flog it if it doesn't work out. Thanks man.

Rubb.

I like the Kawi V-force 400 or 700cc. From what I've seen and read they are great sport quads.

I have an 07 honda rincon. Great all around quad and has the best ride in my opinion. Only downfalls are no locking front diff and no super low gear. You can use the front brake to lock the diff however its not nearly as effective as the can am diff or elec locker. I am partial however to can ams as they have the most power hands down.

waffling between the can am and an arctic cat. Or maybe just get the big gun..Raptor 700.

RSD.

Back