hey everybody!

BPKbusa

Registered
I am new to the forums here, so im not sure if this is the right section for this but here i go. I am looking for a hayabusa(this will be my first busa, i am not new to riding just new to the busa) and i am thinking about a gen II but i am not sure. I am probably never going to go forced induction, just intake exhaust and power commander. My question is gen I or gen II and are there any certain years that have some problems to look out for. Thank you!

It depends on your budget. Get the gen II if you have the cash. Some of the Gen I’s have 2nd gear issues but Im not sure which ones. You can tell by taking 2nd gear to the max. I’m sure smarter folks than me with chime in with more details. Welcome to the board.

Get a genII, just dont get the orange and black like lil charlie, its the slowest color:laugh:

Now the blue and gold.....thats fast

Of course the Gen 2 is more refined and powerful. But with being new to the busa EITHER one is gonna blow your panties clean off :rofl::rofl:

Of course the Gen 2 is more refined and powerful. But with being new to the busa EITHER one is gonna blow your panties clean off :rofl::rofl:

HAHAHA yeah im thinking of the Gen II because i will have the money to put out on an 08 or 09 pretty soon. I just want to know the pros and cons to both before i buy. oh and another thing, this is one of the most active forums ever, i was expecting to have to wait for a while for replies haha! :thumbsup:

HAHAHA yeah im thinking of the Gen II because i will have the money to put out on an 08 or 09 pretty soon. I just want to know the pros and cons to both before i buy. oh and another thing, this is one of the most active forums ever, i was expecting to have to wait for a while for replies haha! :thumbsup:

Yeah, were post whores. Well Fast08 is anyways!

I just got my first Busa and been on the ORG for about a month now. You will more than appreciate this place. And you will be on it often looking for advice and you will always get it!

Welcome!

Thanks guys i really appreciate it, another reason im getting the awesome community behind it!! :thumbsup: so you guys agree gen II? probably between 09 or 08 any differences in those two years? my budget wont allow for the 10 or 11 haha :laugh:

I have owned both generations. I loved my 05, but this 09 is flat out impressive. You can't go.wrong either. I will say the gen 2 has a much smoother transmission and has more seat of the pants power. They both are faster than than I want to ride though. Welcome to the org.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, there are no problems in the 08 or 09, sort of like the started problem i think in 02? little things like that?

I agree with two tone above.

After having both, the Gen II is a much more refined, better bike. Smoother, more power, better handling and brakes.

If I were just going to drag race, I would get a Gen I bike instead...

:welcome::welcome::welcome: and when you pic the beast up, make sure you post up some pics.

oh believe me, when i get it pics will be EVERYWHERE! haha, and ill actually be putting a lot of time on it, about 80 miles a day back and forth to school and there are no tracks down here in the keys....so GEN II IT IS! :beerchug:

Thanks guys, there are no problems in the 08 or 09, sort of like the started problem i think in 02? little things like that?

there was a recall on them for some wires around the neck..so check to make sure it has been fixed. And some have had rectifier recalls..so check for that also.

You should go after a GENII if you have the funds. Maybe some day I will have a GENII, but I am still having too much fun on my 2 GEN I's:thumbsup:

Before you buy get back on here and ask for advice on the purchase....price,condition,...etc. You never know, you may buy from a standing member of the Org and can read about your bikes history....as we post up often.

Welcome:welcome:

there was a recall on them for some wires around the neck..so check to make sure it has been fixed. And some have had rectifier recalls..so check for that also.

You should go after a GENII if you have the funds. Maybe some day I will have a GENII, but I am still having too much fun on my 2 GEN I's:thumbsup:

Before you buy get back on here and ask for advice on the purchase....price,condition,...etc. You never know, you may buy from a standing member of the Org and can read about your bikes history....as we post up often.

Welcome:welcome:

thank you everybody, these are the kind of things i was looking for, recalls and such, so i know what to watch out for, and will do. Before i buy i will come to the org and post it up and ask what you guys think. :thumbsup:

Back