Here's my thoughts & first ride on my mods:

mikeonbike1962

Registered
After working on it every night since last monday night. The Busa is ridable.

What I did: Took a basic stock busa, removed the HMF exhaust ( I like the oem setup, no, really ), and did the yana shiki dance.

Why: Tough look ( that's it )

The Exhaust: I used a later model exhaust and modified the cans with 6 .5" holes at the end and sliced the end pipe 1" (or so). I'll probably polish them soon. ( my bike is a 2000 so think about it and you'll figure it out).

The slam: about 2" front and back. The front it TOO low @ 2". Yani triple tree & links

The stretch: yani blocks. powdercoated over anodized black. This really doesn't adhere well.

Euro tail: once again yani... looks good when finished but installation nightmare. I have phrased it "Yana Shiki hell". This piece suffers from copy, copy, copy. It's really shrunk so the typical suzi push pins don't work.
I needed to get body clips and modify them and use 1/4-20 screws. I need to figure out blinkers.

my first ride: Everything that a busa is, a slammed/stretched isn't. The front end feels a little weird on hard accel/decel. the real wheel breaks loose any time! The front IS prone to bottoming out (no real surprise here)

Overall, I may put it all back the way it was. Sure looks cool (pics coming), but I don't know if it's worth losing that great busa feel.

Yana Shiki: Probably another name for "you get what you pay for" (Figured as such) but then all this is "custom" anyway. I had to grind about 50% of the bols on thes items to get them to work properly. The tail, just a shame, they should supply the proper scres etc.

The oem modded cans sound deep w/o being a chainsaw.

Just my thoughts, wanted to share. If your doing any of this I'd be glad to detail anything I've done.

mikeonbike

worthless.gif

WE WANT PICTURES, WE WANT PICTURES, WE WANT PICTURES !!!

No for real, would love to see your bike !!
beerchug.gif

"WHO" let's these new members in here
rock.gif
?.......I came in expecting to see euro tail "pics", and slammed "pics", and exhaust "pics", and stretched "pics"...........just to find
rock.gif
? "NO PICS......."

WHERE'S RYTHM
rock.gif
??.......he'll lay-it-down for the NEWB......NO PICS....well that's another nail in my carpal tunnel syndrome....all these "clicks"...and NO PICS...........

rock.gif

rock.gif

well that's another nail in my carpal tunnel syndrome....all these "clicks"...and NO PICS...........

jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Any pics yet
rock.gif
? How about now
rock.gif
?

Do you like the changes you did to the bike ? (looks) and, Do you think you'll get use to the way it handles ? Is it that bad ?

I just started riding in the twisty's this summer, and it's harder than I thought. I guess if it was that easy there would be no Nicky Haden's ? Anyway, I love the way Busa's look stretched out around 6 inches, and a 240 on the rear !! But would still like to be able to ride the back roads if I wanted too.

rock.gif

I can't
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
you for pic's.I have only posted one so far.As far as the turn signals,if you have the undertail I think you have I have the same one. Even know I have no pics of the wiring to post I will try to explain what I did.I you use relays (i used 4)run the power to the running lights thruogh the #30 on the relay.hook #87a to the running light in the tail.do the same with the brake lights.run tour turn signal wires normal.Tap off the turn signal wire for the side you are working on and hook that to #86 on the relay.Hook #85 to ground.When you turn on the signal it will cancel the brake or the running light on that side so you can see the signal.The signal and the brake/running light will alternate so you can see them.I used a relay for each brake light and running light per side.What you are doing is turning off the other lights while the signal is on.But the brake or running light on the other side is still on.If you look at a relay all the terminals are marked. I hope this helps you someone may have a better idea or an eaiser one. if you have any ? you can pm me I will get back to as soon as I could.

Save your life and remove the Yana Shiki extentions and replace them with a better set.

Which HMF exhaust ? If its the highmount duals and the other member doesnt snag it,I'd be interested in it.

"WHO" let's these new members in here
rock.gif
?.......I came in expecting to see euro tail "pics", and slammed "pics", and exhaust "pics", and stretched "pics"...........just to find
rock.gif
?  "NO PICS......."

WHERE'S RYTHM
rock.gif
??.......he'll lay-it-down for the NEWB......NO PICS....well that's another nail in my carpal tunnel syndrome....all these "clicks"...and NO PICS...........
not that's some funny shid...
clap.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Back