Here we go again...

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
This was in my neighborhood.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_111165.asp

What does it take to get folks to at least protect their head with a good helmet???
rock.gif

Home_to_the_Highway.JPG

What a tough and painful lesson...

My thoughts go out to him and his family
sad.gif

It takes about that. Now that he's wrecked I'm sure he will never ride without a helmet again. Always a shame, I hope at least the passanger was wearing one.

It sounds like he followed the "lay it down to avoid the accident" myth and in intensionally crashing himself sustained severe injuries because of not wearing gear. I'm convinced that its too easy to get a m/c licence in this country.

Hopefully he'll recover fully.

+1 on the licenceing.
pissed.gif
I hope they make a full recovery and learn a lesson on wearing proper gear, if they ever ride again..........
poke.gif

(BusaWhipped @ Aug. 07 2007,11:23) It sounds like he followed the "lay it down to avoid the accident" myth and in intensionally crashing himself sustained severe injuries because of not wearing gear.   I'm convinced that its too easy to get a m/c licence in this country.

Hopefully he'll recover fully.
That is definitely true in Tennessee. That is why I required my sons to take the Motorcycle Safety Course prior to letting them ride.

The morotcycle road test in Tennessee consists of an officer observing you drive down the block to a traffic light make a left u-turn and return to the parking lot. Pretty intense stuff huh
rock.gif

I felt NC was a little too easy also. Not to mention, if you get a permit (written test only) you can ride all you want without a passenger and keep renewing it, just don't get the real thing and you can ride solo and never take the test.
crazy.gif

Also I did see where NC was looking at banning the novelty helmets. Now not to open a can of worms but I do feel that they should not be allowed to force you to wear a helmet (I know...I know). I for one would never go without one, but I do feel that the rider should have a choice. With that said, since we do have a helmet law I'm glad to see that atleast all the riders will be safer with the DOT ones instead of what we call the brain buckets (name given because that is what they use to scoop up the riders brains with).

Everybody just please wear all the gear and be safe.
beerchug.gif

(Punisher @ Aug. 07 2007,15:47) I felt NC was a little too easy also. Not to mention, if you get a permit (written test only) you can ride all you want without a passenger and keep renewing it, just don't get the real thing and you can ride solo and never take the test.
crazy.gif

Also I did see where NC was looking at banning the novelty helmets. Now not to open a can of worms but I do feel that they should not be allowed to force you to wear a helmet (I know...I know). I for one would never go without one, but I do feel that the rider should have a choice. With that said, since we do have a helmet law I'm glad to see that atleast all the riders will be safer with the DOT ones instead of what we call the brain buckets (name given because that is what they use to scoop up the riders brains with).

Everybody just please wear all the gear and be safe.
beerchug.gif
Punisher, I'll disagree with the helmet issue. Only because if you give people a choice, the irresponsible ones will not use it.

They will crash, get hurt and drive up insurance rates for the rest of us responsible riders.

I always wonder about the 'brain buckets' ....
wink.gif

My insurance company tried a progressive quote for my Busa - Over $3k
SHOCKED.gif

My insurance company tried a progressive quote for my Busa - Over $3k[/Quote]

Ouch! Mine's like 35 a month with State Farm.

It's really the Insurance companies crippling our freedoms in this country.
Insurance is alot like communism in a way.
They take in way too much money, pay out way too little money,
buy the biggest most expensive property in every town/city, tell you what you can and can't do (through legalese), intimidate you with rate hikes,
drive up the cost of medicine...............on and on.......
If they had their way (coming soon).
We'll all be walking around in rubber safety suits. You'll need a helmet to take a cr@p.
rant.gif
More to come....
firedevil.gif

buy the best gear you can people and even if you cheese out on certain things, make sure you buy the best helmet you can possibly afford...

Cloud

Back