Help

Lalo86

Registered
My dumb*** turned the key a little too left and left the bike in park mode...couple of hours went by b4 my brother got home and mentioned to me that my back light was on...when i went to try to turn it on, the headlight was really dim and the starter button when flipped didnt make any noise, my question is if i can use one of those chargers that you mostly use to charge up car batteries. If so, what size is the battery so i can adjust the settings? My dad almost hooked up his car to it and i remember somebody telling me that was a bad idea so i didnt let him do it...i told him i was gonna ask some experts, you guys lol.........

I have used a car Trickle Charger before (low power) The best way to re-charge a battery is as slow as possible. This gives the plates a chance to fully rebuild and it should come back as good as new. That is how the battery Tender repairs damaged batteries, very low power for a long period. I would put it on the lowest setting and let it go for as long as it takes. It should be up in 24 hours, even with a tiny charger.
You can overcharge them too so don't leave it on too long. When the charged voltage is approx. 12.9 volts (with a voltmeter) it's done.
Good Luck!

Two words: BATTERY TENDER.

Go out and score one with the little pigtail that you can leave attached to the battery, and use it regularly.

B.T.W. I did the SAME thing, and so did my wife, and so did a friend of ours. It's pretty easy to over shoot the "LOCK" position, and go straight to the "PARK" position.

did it at work with my old bike. 8 hours later i was calling my wife for a lift home to get my truck and ramps

Anyone have an idea as to WHY that position exists on the ignition switch? No one that I know has ever used it on purpose.

Anyone have an idea as to WHY that position exists on the ignition switch?  No one that I know has ever used it on purpose.
If parked on the shoulder at night broke down would you rather bike not be seen or at least someone wanting to pull over seeing you now won't run you over..
thumb_up.gif

Do not charge it with anything over 1.5 amps. No Jumping, no car charger unless you want to fry your batt and end its life. I just replaced mine and it cost $160...

Hey I've received a jump from car before. And after a long ride or two I'll connect to my battery tender. I've recently gone to a bigger battery..14! Do a search on the subject...JM2cents!

Back