Help!

Clive-alive45

Registered
Hi guys was wondering if any of you can help me here, recently bought a 2nd hand gen 1 hayabusa test ride it etc was fine then riding it home it cut out on me now it seems that it will start but as soon as it starts to warm up after 5 mins or so then it just dies I try to start it again it will turn over but not start until it cools down again then will just die once it warms up again, also there are no fault codes, any ideas? As I’m dying to get a proper ride on it, thanks

Hi guys was wondering if any of you can help me here, recently bought a 2nd hand gen 1 hayabusa test ride it etc was fine then riding it home it cut out on me now it seems that it will start but as soon as it starts to warm up after 5 mins or so then it just dies I try to start it again it will turn over but not start until it cools down again then will just die once it warms up again, also there are no fault codes, any ideas? As I’m dying to get a proper ride on it, thanks
Depending on the year, I've heard about earlier gen 1 fuel pumps doing that, once they get hot, they shut down.

Thanks guys, had a quick look round it today and the fuel pump looks fairly new but will take a Better look At things tomorrow and see it’s so frustrating it runs perfect for the short time it does beforecutting out, I’m itching to get a proper ride on it lol

Have you thought maybe you should go back to the person you bought it from and get some info on the bike re this issue?
And negotiate some financial compensation for the cost of repairing it?
Or even get your money back and hand the bike back?
OK, so if any of the above suggestions are NOT an option, you need to start doing some tests on the fuel system for starters.
Do you have the capabilities and the tools/equipment to do these tests?
We can help you along the way, but if this is beyond your abilities, take it to a reputable shop and ask for a diagnosis ONLY then to call you with a price to repair it.
Go back to the guy you bought it from and show him the repair quote.
This is how I would handle this situation if I were in your shoes.
Let us know how it goes, and as I said, we can help you with it providing you have the skills and tools to do the work.

Back