Help

Mechanic916

Registered
I just bought a 2003 Hayabusa 3 weeks ago. Here is what happened first day getting it home there was a fuel leak from the charcoal canister. Fixed that a hose has come loose, after that it has progressively ran worse. it will start right up then stall within a few seconds, to get it started i have to open the throttle half way and let it run at 4500 rpm for 30 seconds, then it idles but is still running rich. fuel mileage is now at 15mpg.
About the bike it has 21500 miles, power commander 3, yoshimura slip on, and a tre.
what I've done i removed the tre, changed the plugs, replaced the air filter, and added techron injector cleaner. I tried to disconnect the pc3 but it will not run without it and the fi light flashes when cranking.
I have red posts back to 2012 on here and can not find the exact problem. what im thinking is the pc3 is over fueling.
Back ground on me is i'm an auto and diesel mechanic and have ridden bikes for 15 years my last one was a 05 sv6550s.

Welcome to the org. Your line of thought is the same as mine. I am not a PC guy so I can't help on disconnecting that, but I belive your on the correct track to getting it fixed. I am sure someone that can help will chime in soon.

It should run without the pc3 on the bike. None of the mods you mentioned should stop that. Did the bike sit for a while? Is the fuel old? If it is running that rich, it sounds like you have an injector stuck open. That year of bike has a throttle advance aka choke, that really isn't a choke. Good move taking the tre off, they are junk. Check all the vac lines. Slip on exhaust doesn't require any programming as it does nothing.

It was ridden very little the last few months. There is one line underneath the seat I can't tell where it goes but is not vacuum. I will post a picture later today. What is the sped for the injectors resistance. Thanks for the response.

Yes i would be curious. For some reason your post on Monday never showed up for me which makes me wonder if anyone else here saw it. Surprised no one has pitched in info yet other than me and nos.

Spoke with the shop here is what they found so far. The fuel vent that catches fuel at the top of thank was leaking fuel and dumping it in the cylinders. They also found that the tps had a dead spot. They swapped out the throttle bodies and plugged the vent. They will test again tomorrow to see if that stopped the fueling issue. Looks like I will need a fuel tank. Hopefully there is no damage from hydro locking the engine.

Hi, just read this post.
I had terrible running problems with mine (high co, suggested running rich, fouling plugs, backfiring through throttle bodies), I did a fuel pump test and found 20psi pump pressure and about 12, when cranking.
I fitted a new pump and it's like a new bike again.
I don't know what the shop means, when they say that the fuel is leaking into the cylinders, from the vent at the tank, that's confusing and I've never heard of a 'dead spot' on the tps, I was under the impression, that it is adjustable (to get the -00, in dealer mode).
Here's the vacuum layout for the busa.
P.s ignore the red marks on the diagram, found it online.

image.jpeg

Back