Help

Yacura95

Registered
Folks, A friend of mine replaced his tank on his busa and now he is smelling gas fuses.... I think it maybe coming from his gas cap. He took his old one off but the new tank has 6 hole vs the old one had 5.

any suggestions?

When it got hot out I always smelled a little vapor and was told it's a small vent for pressure release, I'd seal it up and double check to see if it was a little paranoia of a repair done wrong.

Prop the tank up and make sure all is well with the hoses as well. No one needs a bad day like that :poke:

Prop the tank up and make sure all is well with the hoses as well. No one needs a bad day like that :poke:

+1, double and triple check all the connections. You don't need a leak dripping onto you exhaust and starting a fire. My father told me a story about his bike dripping at the seams of his tank back in the late 60's and his bike catching on fire. It was at that point that he said he learned that no matter how broke you are at the time you need to do all the maintenance on your bike or stay off of it. His POS caught on fire going down the road. I love you dad but sometimes I wonder how evolution didn't catch up with you.:rofl:

Thanks guys, but I have done all of that.... checks the feed hose and O-ring to fuel pump every thing okay.

Yes lil charlie it maybe the gas cap seal but I was a bit concerned only because his old tank had 4 holes for screws and 1 vent but the new one has 4 holes for the screws and 2 hole that I will assume they are also vent. I dont know if the needs a new cap or seal one of the holes.

Thanks again folks

Ahh thats where the smell is coming from.I always overfill a bit and get a gas smell.Its just the vent hoses.

Back