Gas Quality

basscrazy

Donating Member
Registered
For the second time in 3 months, I have bought bad gas and put it in my bike. The most recent: One of my riding friends and I both filled up at the Texaco station Sunday. I noticed my bike was hesitating when coming off the clutch. Didn't think to much about it at first, but it continued the entire ride. My buddy then asked me if my bike was running ok. I told him about the hesitations. He told me to listen to his bike. His bike sound like crap. I mean total crap. I went and bought SeaFoam, which made my bike run better from the start. Rudy's bike ran better but still sound bad. We went back to his place and dumped the tank. Fresh gas from Shell and everything was good to go.

My question is: Is gas quality bad these days. I only use Texaco and Chevron. Should I switch to something else? What are you guys using?

I use Shell or Chevron myself. I've been lucky lately and haven't had a recent experience with poor gas.

I always use either Shell or Phillips 66.

Also, sometimes during the winter, the gas companies will add crap to the gas or oxygenate it in order to reduce pollution. Find out which stations don't sell that garbage and only buy gas from them. You may pay a little more but your performance and gas mileage will more than make up for it.

--Wag--

Hrmmm, might explain why my Jeep had a sensor light come on today...when I looked it up in the manual, it's attributed to poor quality fuel...
mad.gif

My rule of thumb is to never buy gas from an old service station because they have old tanks with sediment and water in them.

Never fuel when the trucks are delivering fuel because they are stirring up the crap in the tank.

Never run your tank dry.

(VaBusa @ May 15 2007,08:flamethrowing:) Hrmmm, might explain why my Jeep had a sensor light come on today...when I looked it up in the manual, it's attributed to poor quality fuel...
mad.gif
Jessicas always comes on for not screwing the Dayu, cap on tight!!!
guns.gif

(heavybusa @ May 15 2007,08:36)
(VaBusa @ May 15 2007,08
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) Hrmmm, might explain why my Jeep had a sensor light come on today...when I looked it up in the manual, it's attributed to poor quality fuel...  
mad.gif
Jessicas always comes on for not screwing the Dayu, cap on tight!!!  
guns.gif
speak Engrish man...I don't understand a word of what you just said
laugh.gif

Yeah, and something about the gas cap not being tightened...checked it...
wink.gif

hahah it is still early, I was ranting because.

Jessicas check engine light is always coming on, and it is simply because she doesnt put the DAYUM cap on tight. 3 clicks! 3 clicks!!!
rant.gif

Okay I feel better
laugh.gif

Quality, Well I doubt it, but if you mean water or sediment in it. That's another question. Since you guys have been in ALOT of rain lately (just like us-- we had 22 days of straight rain) you might run some water remover through the tank. That's what I do and so far I've never had any problems, and I KNOW these tanks have some water in them  
beerchug.gif

Don't buy from Citgo, Chavez has taken over all the oil companies and is probably peeing in the tanks.....
tounge.gif

(heavybusa @ May 15 2007,08:54) hahah it is still early, I was ranting because.

Jessicas check engine light is always coming on, and it is simply because she doesnt put the DAYUM cap on tight. 3 clicks! 3 clicks!!!  
rant.gif

Okay I feel better
laugh.gif
I didn't know who Jessica was
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(moondog @ May 15 2007,06:18) Don't buy from Citgo, Chavez has taken over all the oil companies and is probably peeing in the tanks.....
tounge.gif
Yeah, YELLOW Gas
sad.gif
 is Bad
laugh.gif

My father's boat was running like crap a couple of weeks ago, and was told that this time of year the plants change thier "formula"(or whatever you call it) around. He was told not to add dry gas by one guy, and another told him to add it, well he did, and it started running great.I've been noticing my bike has been running pretty bad lately also, and never even thought about it being the gas!!!!!!!!!!

Is it not a good idea to add dry gas to the Busa ?

Somebody was just talking about this not to long ago ?(BA BUSA-CHARLES BUSA
rock.gif
?)

I've noticed a lack of performance in the bike and the truck............. bad gas I guess....
rock.gif

(moondog @ May 15 2007,06:18) Don't buy from Citgo, Chavez has taken over all the oil companies and is probably peeing in the tanks.....
tounge.gif
I wont buy gas from them either, but besides Citgo. I put whatever major brand in thats close.

Like someone else said i try to stay away from the mom & pop stations with old tanks, but even with those i've not had issues really

(CCbusa05 @ May 15 2007,11:10) You get what you pay for in this life! Only CHEVRON sees the inside of my tank!
biggrin.gif
You know, we don't have a single CHEVRON station within a hour of my house...nothing but Exxon everywhere I look...toss in a few BP stations...
wink.gif

I buy only from shell, or the other top tier gas stations if I have to, chevron and texaco is supposed to be a top teir gas station. no problems with my gas.

Hate to inform you guys but it doesn't work that way on brands. Each Oil Company will blend other companys fuel to supply them locally or they just buy from each other. That way, no one company has to supply all it's stations nationwide. So, Exxon can be in a Shell station, and Shell can be in a Conoco station. We have a Conoco Refinery here who supplies nearly everyone around here. Really, they've set it up so they get us, coming or going  
beerchug.gif

Back