Help with Power Commander V and muzzy exhaust??

tatt00edangel

Registered
Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do for the following issue?

I had installed a PC V; Muzzy exhaust; K&N air filter, did the airbox mod. 2003 Hayabusa, everything else is stock.

Everything that was recommended on the install. I put the the required maps supplied by muzzy.

But the bike hesitates when I accelerate while riding. If I just slowly engage the throttle it runs fine, but if I'm riding and I crank the throttle quickly to accelerate, the bike hesitates and then goes. A little concerning when I'm on the freeway trying to overtake another vehicle.

I've tried putting seafoam like someone else has recommended, but not sure what to do next.

I would try to unplug the PC and see if the problem is still there........I installed a full Titanium Muzzy a few months ago and it ran great! I just installed a PC5 last week and much improved.....so yes you can run the bike with your exhaust and not use the PC. If the problem clears up with the PC unplugged then either the map has an issue or the PC does.

Mine did the same thing with the same set up as yours. The Muzzy map does not work well when you do the airbox mod. I insatalled the map for HMF 4-2-1-2 high mount exhaust with small airbox mod. I downloaded the map from the Power Commander websight. The map # is M20-23-019. The bike ran MUCH MUCH better with that map.

I would recommend finding a good shop that can make a custom map. If you spend that much money buying improvement items, spend a little more and get it tuned properly.

Besides it was fun to have the bike on the dyno tweaking the map.

Back