Help With Forks

Shaun Ketterman

Registered
Trying to replace my seals / fork oil on an 07 Busa. After looking at TwoBrothetsBusa write-up, I got stuck on the disassembling step. My forks look different than the photos in his write up [https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/another-run-at-fork-seals.147920/].

His 9th photo is the step to remove a 9mm drain plug / compressing the spring and using an impact wrench to get the photographed bolt out.

My forks, as far as I can tell, do not have this configuration:

full.jpg

I searched Youtube and found a guy who does some really awesome how-to videos. His video on doing exactly this process shows yet another fork, he accesses his spring/center piece at the same location as my photo above. So mine is different than his as well. That video is [

At 8:30, he uncrews the fork cover/cap from the innards, and then you can see his spring, and he is able to hold the nut on one end while he removes the top cap (8:55).

All I want to do is replace my fork oil and seals, but I don't know how to even get to the inner seal to do this. I love this bike, but I hate this bike.

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated!

Shaun

If you can slide new seals in and drain the old oil. It should be good I don't have a gen 1 to look at. But have done tons of different dirt bikes and you don't want to get any further in then you have to or not know what you are doing. I unbolted as shim stack on a inner cartridge one time.:banghead:

Back