Help with exhaust

wht_scorpion

Registered
Im looking to put a aftermarket exhausts on. What gaskets do i need to do this change and how do you do it with out taking every thing off. Like the manual say to remove. Is there any easyer way to do this
its a Akrapovic exhaust going on a 06 hayabusa

get yourself a new set of exhaust gaskets. As far as the exhaust install there are tons of threads on how to. Some people just swing the radiator out for more room.

yeah the manual say to remove the oil cooler and the radiator Im just trying to find the easyer way to do this you have help me out alot with other issues thanks I pick up a gal. dex antifreeze from walmart its the orange in color is this a good antifreeze to use in the bike

If you drop the oil cooler and rad then bolting up the exhaust is a breeze and the total installation time could be less than if you bust knuckles trying to push things out of the way.

As far as the antifreeze, I really don't know. I haven't been in the loop on antifreeze for a long time. I'm sure someone will chime in.

it said in the book if i remove the oil cooler they said i had to replace the gasket in the connector that go to the hose to the oil cooler and is the header bolt hard to get out

If the o-ring in the conector for the oil cooler lines are still in good shape you don't need to replace them.

ok I looked at the new exhaust do you think I should replace the header bolt because of the space between the eng. and flange because it has spring that mount on the flange and then to the exhaust

Last edited:
I used my oem bolts when I put on my Yosh

It was much easier to remove the oil cooler and radiator. Didnt have to worry about damaging them during R&R.

It also was a good time to flush the cooling system.

DO not use the Dex antifreeze! You can get away with something like prestone but not the Dex-cool!

There is a diference in auto and motorcycle antifreeze!

Motorcycle antifreeze does not contain any petroleum based products, in case of a leak, thus nothing slippery on the rear wheel!

prestone makes it dex cool it orange in color i have not use it yet taking this mod day by day dont want to mess thing up on my bike im putting the headers and the pair mod today

The manual says a high quality ethylene glycol antifreeze at a mixture of (maximum) 60%, mixed with 40% distilled water.

I also use a brand that has low silicate value.

Back