Help with 06 purchase

majorbusa

Registered
Found an 06 2750miles with full tungaski single exhaust, pwr mdr, tail kit, air box mod, egr removed, custom map what is a good price for this bike? Also, what should I be looking for when I test drive it? Oh yea its blue/gray. I probably should call the shop that did the custom map for a copy of the file.
Thanks

I got my 06, bone stock, with 2000 miles for 7800. When riding it, feel for any hesitation in acceleration, if it's hard to shift, clutch slipping, or any unussual tapping in the motor. Look over the body good for damage that looks like the result of going down. I am sure there is more that doesn't come to mind right now, but sure others will chime in.

Kelly blue book says $8185 retail and $5660 for trade in. $6923 is in the middle. I know the dealers don't give you much if anything for accessories when you trade it in.
badazgtp, when did you purchase yours? Depreciation is always going down.

I got my 06, bone stock, with 2000 miles for 7800. When riding it, feel for any hesitation in acceleration, if it's hard to shift, clutch slipping, or any unussual tapping in the motor. Look over the body good for damage that looks like the result of going down. I am sure there is more that doesn't come to mind right now, but sure others will chime in.

7-8 K should be in line.

My blue & silver bone stock with 6500 miles was 6500.00.I considered it a good deal.It by far is the fastest color-so it's probably worth a little more.:laugh:

good tips so far... take the hump off an take a good look at the rear subframe inspect it carefully at the welds an stuff an little spots or rust lines along the weld points would also be an indication of a fall

Sounds like price recommendations are in line, prices will vary some by geographical location as well and demand in that area. Is it at a dealer or an individual and just out of curiosity what's the asking price? A dealer could care less about the mods, an individual will most likely want to add to the price for them. Also if it is from an individual, do they have the stock exhaust etc with it in the event you want to go back to stock?

I bought my 06 LE last June with 2800 miles and bone stock for just a bit over 8k from a dealer, tax, title license and all the extras brought it to an even $8500 out the door. I've done a few mods to it and it now has 6500 miles on it, if I were to price it today for sale I would most likely start off at $7500.

I bought my 06 LE last Sept with 980 miles all stock for $6950. Been checking Craigslist - haven't seen anything lower yet.

Individual close to Kansas city asking $7500. Oh yea a custom shop installed the power commander. It has never been laid down or crashed. Not suppose to have a scratch on it.
Of course no warranty. Apprciate your help. I know nothing about busas. I had a zx-14 and sold it before I moved. I looked at another used busa last week and was very impressed of the quality compared to the 14. So impressed I started looking at only busas.
I have an hour commute to work, mostly highway and the busa would make a great commuter bike.

Bought it! $7000. Not a scratch on it.

hayabusa 009.jpg

looks just like mine. mine is an 06 with the blue and silver originally. i got mine for 7300 i think it was back in september or october '08 with 1806 on the odo. great deal man. congrats:beerchug:

Thanks! Drove it today around the lake. What a great ride. I really like how this bike is put together better than the zx-14 I use to have. Seems to have some vibration at higher rpms. Do they all vibrate say around 10k rpms? I have not ridden in a year, so maybe just not use to it yet.

Last edited:
Back