help!! several codes found

paintguru

Registered
ok heres the deal. 99 busa import from canada. bought this bike as a wreck replaced all the broken stuff. put a new battery in and we get a fuel injection light and pulled the codes and found c13,c14,c15,c21.c22,c23 and c42. i guess my question is have any of you guys heard of this before?? is there one thing that can cause all these codes to come up? im am whitts end with this thing usally do all my own work our local dealer coundnt even replace fork seals on my other gsxr. so im kinda stuck. sure would like to ride this weekend before the next hurricane comes around. any help would be great. thanks much D

do you have a manual to see what the codes are?  I was just looking at mine and there is no way to give an easy answer, but a common thing the manual is saying on all those coeds is a ECM malfunction

<!--EDIT|PsychoZ
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095459923 -->

the ecm took a what looks like a pretty good hit in the crash it has two little chunks missing and it was seperated from the bike on impact. i did look up the codes and there all sensors and the c42 is ignition power to the ecm??

c42 is no signal from fuel pump relay, possible cause per manual are as follows:

fuel pump relay circuit open or short
fuel pump relay malfunction
ECM malfunction

it then says to check the Y/B or O/W wires, and if they
are ok to replace the ECM. so it may be the ECM, I wonder
if a shop can check the ECM

the ecm took a what looks like a pretty good hit in the crash it has two little chunks missing and it was seperated from the bike on impact. i did look up the codes and there all sensors and the c42 is ignition power to the ecm??
You can start by replacing your ECU.
iamwithstupid.gif
ices_rofl.gif

Back