HELP removing rear reflectors

highestgrade

Donating Member
Registered
i'm trying to get out the rear reflectors...the left side came out easy....the right side just seems to be spinning...is there a notch holding the nut or what?

You may have to grab it with a pair of pliers and pul down while turning the screw,to put some negative pressure on there,I had the same problem,I was seconds away from removing the tail to get it off and it finally broke free

yes there is a nut inside and yes it will spin. if you have small hands youmay be able to reach it with your fingers or a longggg pair of needle nose pliers. you will probably drop the nut inside, use a flexable shaft with a magnet to fish it out. good luck :laugh:

whew...i just unscrewed the reflector & left the bracket there for now....goin 2 tension my chain & out i go
:cheerleader:

I think I popped the push-pins out of the tail section and was able to get a set of pliers in to hold the nut while I unscrewed it.

They are a pain in the ass... fronts are cake. Take the push pins out and seperate the plastic pieces above the bracket. You can get small fingers or pliers in then. The nuts will fall inside and roll towards the front if you can't hold on to them. Then you have to seperate the front to get the little bastards out. Have fun....

This will do the trick :rofl::rofl:

this will work.jpg

Pull down on the bracket while turning the screw and it will come off.

Yeah I pulled down and angled the bolt as I was unscrewing it. The the nut fell loose on the inside but there is a little area in the front facing part of the undertail where I got it out.
It was not as simple as I thought when starting out that's for sure.

Yeah I pulled down and angled the bolt as I was unscrewing it. The the nut fell loose on the inside but there is a little area in the front facing part of the undertail where I got it out.
It was not as simple as I thought when starting out that's for sure.
:thumbsup: If you bang on the undertail they will fall out.

Back