Removing rear reflectors

txbikerdude

Donating Member
Registered
Okay guys stupid question, I want to remove the rear reflectors. I started unscrewing one of the philips head screws hold the reflector down, once I got it started it was apparent that there must be a nut or something on the other side. I popped the rear cowl off but it doesnt look like I can get the the nut from there. Any suggestions on how to remove these pesky things?

Okay guys stupid question, I want to remove the rear reflectors. I started unscrewing one of the philips head screws hold the reflector down, once I got it started it was apparent that there must be a nut or something on the other side. I popped the rear cowl off but it doesnt look like I can get the the nut from there. Any suggestions on how to remove these pesky things?

Push the screw head sideways so the edge of the nut will hang on the inside of the plastic, then while holding it at the forced angle, finish unscrewing it. The first time you take the tail section off, retrieve the nuts.:beerchug:

You can also unscrew the undertail from the tail section and move it to reach the nut securing it with a box end wrench.

Push the screw head sideways so the edge of the nut will hang on the inside of the plastic, then while holding it at the forced angle, finish unscrewing it. The first time you take the tail section off, retrieve the nuts.:beerchug:

If you tap on the undertail with you hand you can the nuts to bounce out in front of the rear pegs:thumbsup:

Partially remove the tail section and under tail so you can get a wrench on the nuts and then reinstall the screws to fill in the holes. It's easier than it sounds and you don't want some loose nuts falling out at the worst possible time and maybe falling into the chain and sprockets and locking up the rear wheel.??? Don't be a hack. Do it right.:laugh:

Last edited:
Partially remove the tail section so you can get a wrench on the nuts and then reinstall the screws to fill in the holes. It's easier than it sounds and you don't want some loose nuts falling out at the worst possible time and maybe falling into the chain and sprockets and locking up the rear wheel.??? Don't be a hack. Do it right.:laugh:

yup exactly.. im anal about things like that, i knew it would bug the dickens out of me if I left the nuts rattling around in there!

I put those little plastic push thngys in the screw holes. Not the pin in the middle kind but the ones used on cars, they look like a fuzzy caterpillar with a flat head on it! LOL anyway, water tight!

we dont have reflectors on ours bike in the uk is it a no no to take them off big fine or some thing

Back