reflector nuts

wingman1800

Registered
Yes it is driving me nuts !! what is easiest way to get the nuts out when ya remove the the rear tail section reflectors????? They have no retainers and go where they want???
thanks tom

take out the turn signals and hold them nuts while you get the screws out simple as that no need to take the tail out:poke:

I just popped out push pin right there and separated tail from fender with my fingers.
Nuts were right there where they had fallen.

This cracks me up cause I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Finally got around to taking the reflectors off, but when doing so on the first side I heard the bolts fall. Didn't know where, but figured screw it. They'd come out sooner or later.

Bang the side of the tail. They will fall right out.
Worked for me also. Sit on the bike in an upright position and gently tap the area where the reflectors were and those nuts will vibrate right on out that opening towards the front.

I just popped out push pin right there and separated tail from fender with my fingers.
Nuts were right there where they had fallen.

This is exactly what I just did, except I took out both push pins that were in the immediate area. Seemed to make it a little easier to pry the plastic apart, but I have fat fingers.

Back