Help!! paint peeling

psychosixtynine

Registered
My mpaint is peeling on the bottom right fairing where the fuel vent tube is any suggestions suzuki was no help and their warranty doesn't cover it they said it's due to the warm up being on too long but I know it's gas and so does the service manager but their district manager won't approve the repair any help would be greatly appreciated

can you just rerout the hoses and if so how

should i buy longer hoses and if so how long

please help the bike only has 900 miles on it it's a k5 LE

I had the same problem on my '05. After I showed them the damage and that it started right at the tube they ordered me a new one right away. At the time the bike was only 3 months old.

JJ

Whoever told you it's because of the warm up (fast idle lever) being on too long needs to be beat within an inch of their life.

It's due to bad routing of the vent/overflow tubes on the '05 models. I think just about everyone here who has had that problem had the panel replaced under warranty.

Seriously, the dude that said that needs one hell of a severe beating.
mad.gif

I called suzuki at 1-714-572-1490 and they said they wouldn't override a regional manager so my only recourse is to buy a new fairing part # 94407-24FA0-YHF the lowest price I've found is 385.81 from mrcycles.com but still doesn't prevent it from happening again

does anyone know what to do ?

I do not know the whole story but based on what you are saying this does not make sense. There is nowhere in the manual that states that the warmup cannot exceed a certain amount of time. There are no warnings whatsoever so why would you let them get away with it?
Can he tell you where the "proper" lenght of time for warm up is? Can he show you the warnings for exceeding it? It is just not right.
I have an '05, I have looked at my fairing and not problems yet. I have had mine since last September and during the winter I would start it up once a week for about 30 minutes on fast idle for warm up. The hoses in mine end somewere a little above the same height as the oil window but pretty much against the fairing.
I have yet to understand what coming from these hoses can cause the paint to peel on the other side of the fairing.

my $0.02

I had the fairing replaced under warranty for the EXACT same reason you are having problems. Your District Idiot is dead wrong. Your challenge is to convince him of that. You may want to write a letter addressed to him AND suzuki of america and state that you know for a fact that this is an existing problem that is warrantable. Both parties should get the letter.
Long story short ... You're gettting screwed out of a fairing.
mad.gif

I called suzuki at 1-714-572-1490 and they said they wouldn't override a regional manager so my only recourse is to buy a new fairing... [/QUOTE]

Just another reason why my Busa is the first and LAST Suzuki product I will ever buy. I still kick myself everyday for not trying harder to find a new left over Honda Blackbird at the time.

does anyone know what to do ?[/QUOTE]

Write letters as suggested. Also use the search function on this forum and print out all the past threads about this problem along with this one and send it to them. Sad part is that you'll probably have to eat it...Suzuki's warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on.
I also don't see why you can't take the local dealer to small claims court. For a $400 part it may not be worth the hassle financially but making that regional retard EAT IT would be worth it many times over.

My husbands 03 is in the shop right now for the same thing. Again at Powersports, but they said it would be replaced under warranty.

well I'm going to order a new fairing then sue suzuki how can I keep this problem from happening again ?
But what is causing this? The hoses are on the inside of the fairing, I do not think heat comes out of them and if it is something chemical then it would affect the inside of the fairing, something that has not been mentioned here.

So it could be bad paint or something else?

I think it's actually from overfilling the tank and the excess gas making contact with the paint. That area is also quite hot and it's possible that the heat plus gas cause the paint to bubble. At least that's what it looked like on my bike.

JJ

SoBad had the scenerio pegged exactly. Mine was swapped under warranty after a few months. I saw another post on the board that made me go out and look at mine. Dealership had the replacement fairing within a week and I took it home and put it on. Returned the damaged fairing to dealership. Wish I could have kept it for a track day panel but they wouldn't get paid for it unless they shipped it to Cali.

SoBad had the scenerio pegged exactly. Mine was swapped under warranty after a few months. I saw another post on the board that made me go out and look at mine. Dealership had the replacement fairing within a week and I took it home and put it on. Returned the damaged fairing to dealership. Wish I could have kept it for a track day panel but they wouldn't get paid for it unless they shipped it to Cali.
If you buy a replacement fairing from the dealer does it come prepainted OEM colors? Is that part of $385 price quoted above?

If you buy a replacement fairing from the dealer does it come prepainted OEM colors? Is that part of $385 price quoted above?
Yep as long as it's oem from Suzuki. 100% perfect paint match and all decals on it. Slap it on and go.

i have after only 3 months paint peeling off the rims...is this normal?

Mine hasn't done that (05LE). Almost 7000 miles since May 06 when I brought her home. I don't fill the tank until it runs out the overflow. Luckily this topic was discussed about the time I bought my bike so I have been very careful not to overfill it.

Don

Can someone describe a little better, where on the faring this happens? I have an '05 and would like to check before I get a surprise..

BUSAFETT

Back