Help me go red - on a budget :)

dx3

Registered
Guys,

After installing some red stripes on my wheels

busamod1.jpg

busamod3.jpg

I realized that I truly like how the red sets off the bike. So now I want to add to the red and switch some stuff up. Small, cosmetic changes that I can replace the stock part with a red part. However, I have many toy projects going right now - so my overall budget is $300.

I was thinking fairing bolts, spools, maybe a red chain? I dunno... I don't want to make the bike look tacky, I want tasteful.

Can it be done tastefully without dropping $2k on wheels?

If so, what are your recommendations? And links if possible.

Thank you in advance.
Jonny

Change the Kanji with a Tapeworks kit and call it good. Bike looks great.

Change the Kanji with a Tapeworks kit and call it good. Bike looks great.

I guess I just find it hard to spend $109-$159 for basically 2 stickers... It seems excessive. I'm not a tightass, but what sets apart the Tapeworks kit from a regular decal?

Thanks guys,
Jonnny

Go big! I bet you could get the swing arm, rear sets and the frame powdercoated RED for around $300 or less. You'll have mostly your time in it.

Been thinking of a color combo to try this..

red oil filler cap = $10

!BZ!6I(QBGk~$(KGrHgoOKjYEjlLmS1ctBKkn(0(Fzg~~_12.JPG

red levers = $30

!B47-Gzw!2k~$(KGrHqZ,!h!Eyrou10y,BMrtFr2Zgg~~_12.JPG

light up dem KANJI's :) $100

!Bz(o,Q!!Wk~$(KGrHqJ,!hgEw5L-toc!BMVwIuhFsg~~_3.JPG

that kanji is crooked, first of all, second you could put a black new image seat on with some red stitching.

Man some lighted kanjis would be hott!- they are red in daylight, right?
where to find them though??
anybody??

take the time to tape off, prep and properly paint your front rotor centers and your lower forks (where the axle goes through and the calipers mount) a nice black color. I think you're too fixated on adding an accessory color and what you should be doing is cleaning up the anomalies that don't fit on the bike as is.

the red wheel tape looks good because it matches red accents already on the bike.

IF I had a budget of $300 I'd do:
Proper Tobin seat (no kanji or gimmicky ****) $175
source a used belly pan in black $50
Paint Rotor hats and lower fork section $50
LOTS of PBR $25

Back