help...? "left over fairing screw"

birdaprey

Registered
well I did a lot of work on the busa this past weekend...
braided lines, new pads ,removed pair, changed coolant,and oil.
the problem I have is that a hail storm came and I had to pick every thing up and move it all so I could get my truck in the garage...
well after a day or so I had time to start putting the fairing back on, but some how I have one screw left over?
I have no clue to where it gos?
this is where you come in at!!

I have 8 screws on both sides of the bike...(total 16)
4 screws under the bike (rear wing part)
2screws up top (one one each side of the upper dash)
1 screw dead center of the dash...
2 on the rear fairing (fight below the seat) "which was not removed"
the 2 holding the seat on, and the 2 for the tank

where would that one screw go that is left over go??
its driving me nuts?

Have you checked the plastic piece that protects the oil cooler? There are three screws that hold that piece on.

What type of screw is it? Did you remove the overflow bottle when changing the coolant?

What type of screw is it?  Did you remove the overflow bottle when changing the coolant?
it is the same smaller screw that is next to the kanji on the sides
(you know there are 3 in a row?)  silver in color
I did remove the overflow bottle but those were larger and different screws? ( there were only 2 on there right...)
this seems to be a fairing screw?

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132188364 -->

I lost one of mine, maybe it fell off and rolled over to your house.
rock.gif

anyone ..for  ( 3 ) card monty ?    
smile.gif
smile.gif
, So I installed some steel threads in my oil pan on my Busa and knocked up the little tab that allows the installing tool to hold the threads. Damn if I could not find that fvcker after I knocked it up in the pan.
I poured 2 gallons of oil thru the damn crank case, went to work and got my pick sets, magnets and god still no go...finally I gave up and pulled the exhaust and pan so I could find it...pulled the pan out and it was not in there.

Finally after I was about to give up I found it lying on the floor..all was accounted for so I could finally start my bike with some piece of mind.
smile.gif

Never again will I trust mental torque wrench. I bought a few nice inch lb torque wreches to go with the rest of them.
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

I'm going to feel mighty silly when I find out where it go's I'm sure... but I guess I'll have to take it apart again to find out?

(oh well on the bright side... nothing fell off on the ride to work this morning)
umnik.gif

it holds the air ram onto center fairing frame ! at least that is where i finally found the hole that held my left over bolt.
that damn bolt drove me crazy for a few days .
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|race1gun
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132204290 -->

Back