Fairing removal

04 Limited Busa

Registered
Would like some detailed instructions on how to remove lower fairings, especially the black plastic screws? on each side. The owners manual is pretty vague, I don't want to break anything.

Not sure which ones you talking about. There is two big ones on the inner farings that you can use a small screwdriver or a pick to pop the center part up and then pull the rest of the clip out. There are a bunch of small plastic clip all over the bike and those you push the center in and then pull out the clip then push the center pin back through before you reinstall it.

Not sure which ones you talking about. There is two big ones on the inner farings  that you can use a small screwdriver or a pick to pop the center part up and then pull the rest of the clip out. There are a bunch of small plastic clip all over the bike and those you push the center in and then pull out the clip then push the center pin back through before you reinstall it.
Yeah what he said! All kinding aside its pretty easy to do. i changed my oil at 500 miles and was fairly intimadated by the manual until i just went out there and started removing screws/bolts (probably the civil/chemical engineer in me). I have found that this webboard has a vaste amount of knowledge and hospitality thats hard to match.

Not sure which ones you talking about. There is two big ones on the inner farings  that you can use a small screwdriver or a pick to pop the center part up and then pull the rest of the clip out. There are a bunch of small plastic clip all over the bike and those you push the center in and then pull out the clip then push the center pin back through before you reinstall it.
Yeah what he said! All kinding aside its pretty easy to do. i changed my oil at 500 miles and was fairly intimadated by the manual until i just went out there and started removing screws/bolts (probably the civil/chemical engineer in me). I have found that this webboard has a vaste amount of knowledge and hospitality thats hard to match.
Whoa!

can you read your own post?

What color is that... blinding blue or eye-piercing green.

That's a tough color because of this background. It really did hurt my eyes to read your post.

If you love it, keep it, but I might have to skip over your posts to keep from getting headaches. (But I'm nobody important, so don't worry about me!
smile.gif

EDIT: hehe, your post comes up over a white background if I quote it in my post. Maybe that's how I can read your posts if you keep that color. You don't mind an echo do you?

<!--EDIT|jay21112
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106203555 -->

Whoa!

can you read your own post?

What color is that... blinding blue or eye-piercing green.

That's a tough color because of this background. It really did hurt my eyes to read your post.

If you love it, keep it, but I might have to skip over your posts to keep from getting headaches. (But I'm nobody important, so don't worry about me!
smile.gif

EDIT: hehe, your post comes up over a white background if I quote it in my post. Maybe that's how I can read your posts if you keep that color. You don't mind an echo do you?
is that better?

Back