Help I'm 5'2

nassty jr

Registered
Hi everyone, I am a new Busa rider. I haven't posted pics yet but I will. I've searched throughout various threads, and I need help. I am 5'2 and I bought the Busa because i'm looking to take long rides.

My previous bikes were 97 gsxr 600, 00 r6, 03 gsxr 750, 98 r1. How can I make the Busa "comfortable". I never lowered a bike before, but that is on my list for this bike. I'm not looking for a canyon carver, just a nice fast, comfortable bike for long distances.

Thanks

compared to your previous bikes the busa will be a lot more comfortable. You can also use search and you will find out alot of different things to do to the bike.
Also Welcome to the org.
beerchug.gif

If you want to do it the best way, get adjustable lowering links for the rear, and new upper triple for the front. Don't use a front strap as a permanent solution. I run 3" in the rear and 1&1/4" in the front fom hayabusazone.com.

First of all Welcome to the Org! There are dozens of products that would help you out. As I am sure you know lowering the bike has its negatives that go along with the positives. A new triple cover will allow you to slide the forks up in the Clamps and there are tons of lowering links available for the busa that will drop it into the weeds if you so desire. A lot of folks on here will talk about a Tobin seat and it is right in line with what you want to do. There are tons of alternatives to each of these as well so get comfy and search this site as there is no other with this much data for the beloved Busa.
easybutton.png

tobin seat, heli bars ,3/4 genmar riser,lower links in the rear drop the front 3/4 with the riser , you should be good to go
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the info. I'm not so much concerned with lowering the bike. I'm more concerned with "comfort" for long rides. I searched forums for heli bars, but thy seem to be geared for taller riders.

I haven't lowered any of the bikes i've had, and ride them fine, but none were comfortable after about 2 hrs. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I can't be the only short guy on this forum

this may be a stupid question but, have you ridden the busa for more than 2 hours? what part of the busa do you find uncomfortable?. I went on a 5+ hour ride(with stops ofcourse) and I found the busa comfortable for the most part.

Last season I did big ride on my busa. more than 2000mi in four days. firs day I rode 850mi (stopping only for fuel and one time for food) from Central NJ to IL. next day to St.Louis,MO (another 300mi) and come back same way.
So what I find out is that Tobin seat is good for 500mi. Corbin seat look like a little better design.
Throttle rocker is MUST for long rides.
Throttlemeister is big help as well.
And windscreen, not even double bobble, touring windscreen.
Thats main things that I needed for a long ride.
Good Luck.
Waiting for pics.
beerchug.gif

i would lower the bike and get a tobin seat. wait is the bike already lowered
rock.gif
anyway
welcome.gif
to the org.

I am 5'6" and i had to lower the bike. I have fully adjustable lowering links in the rear so i can select how high or low i want to go. On the front i have helibars and 3/4 risers, both of which bring the bars closer to me. The risers allowed me to lower the front of the bike 3/4. The helibars not only help bring the bars up higher but they also bring them closer to the rider just a bit. The combo of the above and a DB windscreen, Buell pegs as well as throttlemeister have helped me make my bike more comfortable for me. I will get a Tobin seat one of these days as well. Here is a pic of the upper clamp area showing both the risers (between the upper and lower clamps) and the helibars.

IMG_0969.jpg

Thanks for the input I truly appreciate it. The bike has a gel seat, but not a Torbin, I will look into that. I haven't rode it more than 2 hrs yet, but I will. I was just expecting instant comfort, pardon my ignorance.

I will definitely look into risers, and anything else that will make it more comfortable. I don't know if this sounds dumb or not, but I didn't buy the Busa for speed. A 750 or 1000 is plenty fast for me.

I'm looking for a sport bike I can ride for about 500 miles and not have to sacrifice my wrist ( had a few injuries )and lower back.

i'll make the list short ah, get it? lol, j/k bro-welcome to the .org
beerchug.gif

1) TOBIN seat-you will love this thing like your first girlfriend!!! (i have a full-custom busa nthe Tobin is my FAVORITE mod!)
2) Rear threaded lowering links (soupy comes to mind..)
3) adjustable rearsets (you can completely reposition your feet to where YOU want)
4) adjustable tripleclamp for the forks

done deal
bowdown.gif

OR....u could just sit on my shoulders, lol

this may be a stupid question but, have you ridden the busa for more than 2 hours? what part of the busa do you find uncomfortable?.  I went on a 5+ hour ride(with stops ofcourse) and I found the busa comfortable for the most part.
Now I am confused. What part of your Busa do you find comfortable?
rock.gif
My '07 Busa is 23rd motorcycle. I have owned dirt bikes, cafe racers, boulevard cruisers and touring bikes. My Busa is definately, bar none, the most uncomfortable bike of them all!!!

I love it. It is a blast to drive. I'm hooked.

But it is definately not comfortable.

i'll make the list short ah, get it? lol, j/k bro-welcome to the .org
beerchug.gif

1) TOBIN seat-you will love this thing like your first girlfriend!!! (i have a full-custom busa nthe Tobin is my FAVORITE mod!)
2) Rear threaded lowering links (soupy comes to mind..)
3) adjustable rearsets  (you can completely reposition your feet to where YOU want)
4) adjustable tripleclamp for the forks

done deal
bowdown.gif

OR....u could just sit on my shoulders, lol
There's just somethin wrong with you offering another dude to sit on your shoulders
puke.gif
poke.gif

Back