Seen the GSXR 1k tail swap... But what about.....

busaboyn2o

Registered
I have seen the K5/K6 GSXR 1K tail swap, and it looks pretty sweet. But what about other tail sections? Anyone tried an R1 tail or an R6 (although it would look funny) swap? How about a 3K/4K GSXR Tail, or. Tail from a Baby Busa (TLR)!? Just curious if anyone has heard/ seen, had opinions on the subject or what ever.

I really like the TLR tail idea now that I'm typing this... Uhh ohh!!!

I've been looking for a different tail locally, but I can't find one with the subframe. I really like the look of the newer 750.

Yeah, I know deep pockets make the imaginable possible. But I just want to see anyone had done any? I'm hoping someone else has already dig into their pockets. Lol.

Anyone good with PhotoShop? TLR tail on a Gen 1...

The thing that makes the GSXR1000 tail swap a popular one, aside from the fact that it looks good, is the fact that the seat box is separate from the connecting rails and the plastics mount to the seat box. So all you have to do is come up with a rail system to connect the seat box to the Busa frame. If you have aluminum welding capability there are other subframes that can be modified to work. I used parts from a Gen I subframe (steel) and made rails to connect the GSXR seat box, using the original seat.

P1070995_zps2a9889c6.jpg

If you go to the air tech website they sell a solo tail for the busa that uses an Aprilla tail light that has a pretty trick look to it as well

I found a used 2008 GSXR1000 tail and subframe for about $200. I was hoping it was a simple bolt on mod - but looking at Samakis' picture, it appears to be more difficult. :please:

I found a used 2008 GSXR1000 tail and subframe for about $200. I was hoping it was a simple bolt on mod - but looking at Samakis' picture, it appears to be more difficult. :please:

Yeah, there are kits out there, but pretty expensive. And to DIY you will need to have/make the brackets.

I am really interested to see if I can get a TLR sub frame to adapt to the Busa. I loved my TL

No that 08 sub frame is anything but a simple bolt on job....:whistle: Might wanna do some more research into it and if your not great @ doing things on the fly mechanically I would advise against it. That's why those pre made kits are expensive because somebody else went through the trial and error taking out the guess work for you

I can help you guys out if you want to go the route I did, using the Gen I subframe and making rails. I can make a set of rails for you for a pretty decent price. You need to be mechanically inclined to get it all together, but with the rails in place it is just a matter of fitting and assembly. Read my post below about what I did and what it cost and PM me if you think it is something you want to do.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/appearance-mods/177125-my-hayabusa-tail-conversion-gsxr1000k8.html

Whats the point of that? I could see putting a gsxr 1000 or "sportier tail" on there but to replace the hump with another hump doesn't really make sense to me ???

I always liked that little duck tail thing they did with the back part of the fairing. Lol. I understand the want to go sportier, but I always like the big @$$. It would be just something a tad different but not taking away from the larger than life hind quarters of the Busa.

Thanks for putting that together.
I can pick a sub frame up for like $30. I might give it a shot one of these days.

Back