help identifying these 2 prints

jch364

Registered
My wife has had the large frame hanging in our house that she has had for a few years that was left by the previous owners. The frame had a large stamp collection sheet. Looked kinda cool so she hung it in our house. Tonight she decided to take it down and clean the glass. When she did, we found some interesting things behind the first print. There were several news papers folded up from may of 1931. Kinda cool cause it gives me a starting point as to age. Then we found these two prints under the paper. The three christian graces, faith, hope and charity. It says that it is a print published from the national art company of Cincinnati Ohio. ... Of course i dont think that it would still be in operation today some 80 years later... the second is of 2 girls. nothing on it i can find except the date with some sort of symbol. its dated 1878. I assume that is the date it was painted. This one is an actual painting the other is a print..... Do we have any art connoisseurs out there that might have any ideas on these and or point me in the right direction at least to ask about it???:please:

june 16 2010 012.jpg

june 16 2010 013.jpg

june 16 2010 009.jpg

june 16 2010 011.jpg

I kind of feel like you should go on The Antique Roadshow and find out what you got. If that painting is from 1878 the detail and realism is unreal. Not that I know art or anything so that may be the norm. :beerchug:

yea. boys..lol. looked like girls to me...lol. i wonder if this painting i have was painted by someone else or him? and if there is any real value to it at all...... it does have an interesting read though. i was looking at the link and it was interesting.

Well good luck finding out about the other painting and if that one has any value to it. :beerchug:

Back