Help! I know what broke but not what it is or how to fix other than I 'feels' $$$$

BusaBill03

Registered
Loose chain on '03 Busa popped & got jammed. It snapped off the part that houses where the clutch pedal attaches to motor area. (See pics)

20220529_064758.jpg

20220529_074014.jpg

20220529_214433.jpg

20220529_070355.jpg

20220529_214607.jpg

20220529_065153.jpg

Take the slave support off to be sure u didn’t bust any other pieces, alotta times the water pump gets destroyed by the chain too. But it looks like u just broke a cover, not the case.

The case is broken. The shift shaft is supposed to be sealed inside that sleeve and the sleeve is supposed to be molded into the case. What a PITA. There may be a top and bottom end to the case if you replace it. If so you wouldn't need to replace the whole thing but yeah, it will be costly. The labor to rebuild will cost a few too.

Thanks guys. Im gonna head out in a little while & get in/under her to get better look now that I have somewhat clearer pic. If I have quests, I'll be back. Ride safe.

You have to take the water pump off to get that cover off, but it shouldn't be expensive to replace. In the pictures I posted above, the piece not attached to the engine is the part you broke, It's just from the back side. I didn't have a pic on hand from the front. And the pic of the engine case is with it removed, and the water pump goes in the hole to the left of it.

Read through the service manual and see if it is something you would feel comfortable doing. I've never done more than install exhaust or fairings on a motorcycle but currently the engine is sitting on the floor in my garage. Just depends on mechanically inclined you are.

Back