How to Adjust clutch? (busa trike)

Beebermd

Registered
So I've been working on a trike for a while. It's got a gen I busa motor with a turbo. I built the whole thing and got it running with nothing but the search function . But I need a little help. I'm just about ready to take it for run but really need some help making sure I got the clutch set up. So how would you guys test it out. So far I've got a stop on the pedal that limits the travel of the slave push rod. The rod was shiny and clean where it travels in and out of the motor, and filthy every where else. So I pushed the clutch until all the clean part of the rod traveled in the motor and set my pedal stop there. I thought this would do it, but it's pretty hard to shift into 1st. Also I jacked up the rear wheel, started in first, let the wheel spin. Pushed the clutch thinking the wheel would stop if it was set up right, but it just spins with the clutch in and out. So I dunno? I've got plenty of more room for slave travel, but I really don't want to bust the slave cylinder. How would you guys set this up?

93DF34E9-9D31-42E8-9AF2-A4A10CF94AA5_zpsljdhhmc7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I would take the cover off the clutch and make sure when you press in your clutch pedal it takes the pressure off your plates. If it is and your dropping into first easy I would say your good to go. I am sure that there is someone here that can tell you exactly how much travel your pressure plate should have.

If you are over driving the clutch you will get a pressure increase which you will feel as a hard clutch lever (or pedal). If so, back off some, otherwise you are ok and maybe need some more.

FYI if the clutch is new my experience is you get some clutch drag until you go out and slip it a couple times. It will feel like it is pulling you when stopped in gear with the clutch pulled. I usually go on the highway in 3rd gear and flash the clutch a few times and all it is good.

Back