HELP I F-ing hate the stock rear sets

dgmontoya

Registered
the stock rear sets drive me nuts. not only are they ugly but the damn nipple on the end kills my feet on long runs. what do you guys recommend for the and inexpensive replacement. i have seen all the fancy cool ones, but i want something comfortable and affordable and i could live with half as ugly as the stock ones.

PS - why are they called rear sets?

I replaced mine with the Suz TL1000R pegs. Direct replacement, looks
SHOCKED.gif
 better, lowers your foot 1/2" (I know this doesn't sound like much, but believe me, it is
smile.gif
) , feels better and is MUCH more comfortable. I think  
sadnews.gif
they cost around $70.00, and took me about 20 min to switch out. Of course, I'am slow at mechanical things  
laugh.gif

i swapped to these after I broke a stocker whippin the bike into a curb; easy 5-minute install uses same spring just remove/replace
beerchug.gif
from Pro Tek i think?? cant remember.
they're collecting dust in my garage soooo-$50 would put them on your doorstep, if you can deal with Red anodised pegs
cool.gif

AMYBUSApics_021.JPG

you can change the look of the stocks a little, but aftermarket is the way to go.
I have the buell pegs, chrome rearset and aftermarket (ebay) shifter/brake pedal

DSC04739.JPG

I replaced mine with the Suz TL1000R pegs. Direct replacement, looks
SHOCKED.gif
 better, lowers your foot 1/2" (I know this doesn't sound like much, but believe me, it is
smile.gif
) , feels better and is MUCH more comfortable. I think  
sadnews.gif
they cost around $70.00, and took me about 20 min to switch out. Of course, I'am slow at mechanical things  
laugh.gif
+1 on the tl peg's.I got mine from here from a member for 15$ shipped.You can look on e-bay for them.I don't have any pic's but trust me they look 1000% better then stock.

Rear sets becasue the I believe they are consider the rear control sets and the front control sets are the handle bars.

TL1000 pegs made a big difference for me. I can now ride over 700 miles in a day and love every second of it. It's not as costly as getting rearsets either.

"PS - why are they called rear sets?"

Because the set your feet in a rearward position compared to the stock components.

Back in the old cafe racer days in England fitting clipons or clubman bars to a standard british bike necessitated "rear set" pegs so as not to fold your body too much. They also increased ground clearance.

cheers
ken

wANTED to thank you guys for all of your help. i think i am going to get the buel pegs but from whic buell is it and do they also fit the passenger pegs as well. i want to make them match.

oh one other thing. i am going to mod the pegs myself but i am a lil confused on the pin. does it need a sleeve or am i drilling the buell peg larger?

Back